The black hole of Ukraine

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
khaos526

14 Jul 2017 14:48

So since Ukraine was stalled for development quite awhile ago, I feel it's going to be a very large black hole in the map once the new ProMods Balkans eventually get's put into place (and you are using RusMaps and Southern Region).

I'm just surprised there hasn't been anyone willing to take this on. I know there were conflict issues regarding the entire thing, but it would still be nice to have at least Western part done so there would be connections from Moldova to Belarus and having at least the line from Kyiv to Odesa as well as having the port of Odesa opened for transit to future Turkey, Bulgaria, Southern Region, etc.

I understand the issues with the eastern portion, but would be nice at some point soon to have this gaping black hole filled at least in part.

Just my wishful thinking and hopes...

bmwGTR

14 Jul 2017 15:45

Hi,

if you are missing it, you can start developing it - or you can wait if somebody does it.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

ETS2-User
Developer

14 Jul 2017 16:58

Our two developers for Ukraine have left the team unfortunately, and the rest of us is busy with other priorities at the moment.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

khaos526

14 Jul 2017 22:32

ETS2-User wrote:
14 Jul 2017 16:58
Our two developers for Ukraine have left the team unfortunately, and the rest of us is busy with other priorities at the moment.
Ok so that's what happened, I didn't realize they left, but did know about a conflict from the team.

Though as I mentioned it's a wish list which actually pertains to RusMaps and ProMods and not just ProMods (which is why the priority level is not on it which I get)...

ETS2-User
Developer

14 Jul 2017 22:43

They left for personal reasons though. It doesn't have anything to do with the PR conflict.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

ScuL
Founder

14 Jul 2017 23:32

The development in Ukraine has been abandoned because the two devs working in the area left ProMods as they had other priorities in their life

We don't have enough people to continue working there, and if anybody would be willing to do it we would teach them what is necessary to continue with it.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

khaos526

15 Jul 2017 00:03

ScuL wrote:
The development in Ukraine has been abandoned because the two devs working in the area left ProMods as they had other priorities in their life

We don't have enough people to continue working there, and if anybody would be willing to do it we would teach them what is necessary to continue with it.
Ok that's good. I know ProMods standards are high so need someone I would think that has a working knowledge of modding and especially the landscape and territory as well. I know I read on here with Project Balkans and ProMods Balkans was that Project Balkans wasn't up to the standards and would be over written at some point. So maybe in time someone or some people that have experience can take this on down the road.

But like I said it's more a wish list and hopes since the last time I checked (a few months ago) that maybe there was some miracle progress. So in time I guess...

imp1234
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 09:35

ScuL wrote:

I am willing to build Ukraine , What Does It take to be a Promods Devs ?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 09:44

You can start by showing some of your skills in the 'Show your work' section.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

tomsun66
Donation rank:

14 Sep 2017 11:56

As i understood correctly, there has be done some work for the ukraine allready.

So perhaps it would a good idea to give Access to the existing material to ambitioned mappers, as important Things like interfacing to the existing Areas from promods and rusmap is alllready defined, and perhaps the Major roads are also defined and have only to be finalized. Things like Pictures of towns and landscape are perhaps allready taken, and could be a good Input for modders, so perhaps it could be a good community Project.

Just my two Cents.

perhaps we are able to travel around the black sea in the future.

Best Regards

Tom
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, gigabyte 1080ti, 32 GB, 3440*1440 Resolution, Logitech G25

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information