[DISCUSSION] Russian Open Spaces

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
ArbuzCargo

16 Jul 2017 17:35

Thanks!

Davyddin
Donation rank:

27 Jul 2017 00:21

This might be a stupid question, but... is ROS (4.0) a completely different scale than vanilla?

EDIT: Okay, sorry, I should have read through this whole thread before posting. So apparently it's a known that ROS is somewhere along the lines of 1:13 geographically. Does anyone know if Morozov has had any thoughts about compressing to 1:19?
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Kobra2112

05 Aug 2017 23:17

The thing about ROS 4.0 is that it is a standalone map along with being an addon map (though if you use Rusmap, that's not really the case anymore). That being said, he will not do a rescale as he has stated in the past on russian forums that since people like to play many maps as Russia only (and ignoring the fact that Europe exists) he wishes to keep the map as an option to be standalone and having a large scale, rather than do two separate maps, one scaled correctly for ETS2 and one not. If he rescaled the map, then the people who want to drive only in ROS have less map to work with and it becomes harder to make a case for having a standalone map if all it does is just make itself a detached portion of ETS2's possible overworld.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Davyddin
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2017 00:01

Kobra2112 wrote:
05 Aug 2017 23:17
… he will not do a rescale as he has stated in the past on russian forums that since people like to play many maps as Russia only (and ignoring the fact that Europe exists) he wishes to keep the map as an option to be standalone and having a large scale …
This answers my question – thank you.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

luukets
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2017 22:22

hmm game is crashing near Lodz, i just fall in blackhole.
can smn give me proper mod list? Im using pm 2.17, rus mode 1.73,south region and russian open space 4.0 with promzona 1.27.

i mean i used from promzona pics, but it seems it doesnt work.

Kobra2112

11 Aug 2017 02:25

Hi Luukets,

You will likely have to remove ROS 4.0 if you want to use Rusmap. Rusmap with the addition of Saratov and Engels overwrites sectors of the map meant for ROS and that in turn causes conflicts in random areas throughout the map.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Davyddin
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2017 16:57

First thing to be aware of is that, from a realism perspective, ROS, being mapped with a completely different scaling, isn't geographically compatible with other maps, and isn't really meant to be.

That being said, then comes the question of technical compatibility. There are some known compatibility problems with e.g. ProMods. However, the Promzona and Promzona 2 connection fixes by Morozov (the author of ROS) are explicitly meant to connect ROS to RusMap by road. Which is to say that ROS and RM aren't thought to be technically incompatible from the perspective of ROS – but the Promzona fixes do overwrite and erase the Saratov–Engels part of RM (and thus e.g. make it impossible to connect The Great Steppe).

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2017 17:28

Thoough Promzona v2 has moved the whole link much further north to the region just east of St Petersburg seemingly leaving the Saratov-Engels area unaffected. But I haven't actually tried it yet.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Davyddin
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2017 17:31

Promzona and Promzona 2 are different connections, not mutually exclusive. Edit: Promzona 1 adds the southern link and one industrial area along the link; Promzona 2 adds the northern link and and two industrial areas along the link. (And even if using only Promzona 2, it still overwrites the Saratov–Engels sectors.)

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2017 16:16

Hopefully one day someone clever enough will come up with Promzona 3 which has both northern and southern links and doesn't get in the way of the Great Steppe, but that someone is not me because:
  • I'm engaged in a fight to the death with my laptop to get an SSD fitted and working before I go on holiday, and
  • I'm going on holiday, and
  • I wouldn't know where to start anyway
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information