Hello from Stormmaster

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
Stormmaster

05 Sep 2017 15:45

Hello! I wasn't going to post anything on the forums, but finally got involved into some topic and therefore decided to post a message here as well. Love storms very much, so have been using my nickname for a long time. It's not associated with any particular game.

I have some sort of fixation on making ETS 2 as realistic as possible and mainly got interested in Promods for their updates of older areas (like Germany), which are rather simplistic in the base game. Later got to appreciate Promods' new areas, which are done in great detail. Great job!
Though I think that 3 seconds for yellow light in green-to-red change is too little, so in every update I manually edit semaphore profiles to make yellow lights 4.5 seconds.

In-game I call my company "Ascetic Hauler", don't hire any drivers, like ascetic style and don't decorate my truck. Prefer modest engines, simple interiors (no leather!), but 6x4 chassis (4x2 until then). Drive as realistically as possible, by all traffic rules. Singleplayer only.

My favorite truck is MAN, but due to it not having it's own sounds I used to mostly drive other trucks. Now I found a cool mod that adds professionally recorded sounds for one of the MAN's engines, so now I am driving MAN again. And as that engine is a Euro 3 engine (which can't be sold in EU), for the roleplay reasons I started a new profile in Promods added Nikel (while usually I start in Umeå) and purchased my truck from there.

I am using an economy mod with my personal customization for better realism and lots of other mods, all intended to increase realism. For controller I am using a G27 with slightly modified gearbox (to increase resistance); TrackIR; and SKRS shifter knob. With a plugin for G25/G27 wheels, of course.

P.S. Usually I try to avoid semantic saturation, but couldn't describe my playstyle without using word "realism" a lot.
Last edited by Stormmaster on 06 Sep 2017 14:23, edited 2 times in total.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2017 16:23

Hi Stormmaster. Nice to read about your playstyle!
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Stormmaster

06 Sep 2017 14:06

I suppose these messages won't get in anyone's way (being in a separate thread), so I think I will add a few details.

For a long time I had been struggling with making quickjobs somewhat realistic, particularly to correct the lack of time passing between them (while getting fully rested each time) and instant teleportation. For the latter I would pick up jobs from the same location, but passage of time... Finally, I started to use console commands to change time between quickjobs properly as if I were resting. But still I prefer to buy my truck sooner to be able to enjoy real manual transmissions from Gearbox Differential mod e.t.c. Console came in handy in case of game updates as well, to counter truck teleportation to HQ.

I try not to go faster than 80 km/h even if speed limits allow. At speeds lower than 80 insects have significantly better chances to avoid impact with windshield. Although that is my observations regarding cars. Truck cabovers have a different profile, but hey — I haven't hit a single insect so far, it must be working :D Also it helps fuel economy, particularly with my truck setups.

In real life I also prefer simple interiors, diesel engines (modest, like 50 hp), manual transmissions. I am not a trucker, but same principle applies to cars. I like older vans, pickups and SUVs. For example, Volkswagen Transporter T3 from 80s. Favorite color in general is dark-blue (like Scania's Deep Ocean), for vehicles — also various shades of green.

I have never used any social networks (if we don't count Steam which has developed somewhat similar functionality with time) and don't associate myself with any social group, movement, trend e.t.c. However certain expressions are more or less close to describing my views and tendencies. As for my food habits, I am what some call "asian vegetarian" (i.e. I do eat some dairy products, including cheese similar to Indian paneer). But I also avoid yeast based products, alcohol and mushrooms. Even though I am not vegan, I share some ideas and don't use animal materials like leather, fluff and other ones that imply killing or hurting animals (but I do use some wool and particularly like yak wool).

Noah_Lukas

10 Sep 2017 12:09

Hello there Strommaster :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Return to “Introductions”

• Information