Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Yurich77

23 Oct 2018 16:20

Is there any way to edit promods tollgates cost?

Miksu500
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2018 12:59

I want move accessory from other truck but it's in wrong place in new truck. How i change where accessory is?

DE 7
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2018 14:32

how i can mod the game

Etienne38
Donation rank:

17 Nov 2018 17:26

Hello,

I would like to write a mod to change some values in a sii file, but I don't want to override the entire file.

I am playing with a "real economy mod" which I really like, and that mod is modifying plenty of files.
I just want to adapt some of the values in the "economy_data.sii" file, but only a few, and keeping the other values defined by that mod.

When I put in my mod the entire (modified) economy_data.sii file, all is working, but I loose the modifications of the "real economy map"
I tried to make a file named economy_data_test.sii with only my data and it is not taken into account.
I tried to make a file names economy_data.sii with only my data, and the game crash, complaining that the data object cannot be loaded (because it is not complete)

So I am wondering if it is possible or not, and if yes, how could I do that.

The only solution I found is to modify the economy_data.sii file of the real economy mod and put my values inside.
The issue with that solution is that I must do that every time the modder will upgrade his mod.

Thank you for your precious help :-)

Davyddin
Donation rank:

17 Nov 2018 18:17

I have often wanted to mod parts of definition files, as you describe, but have not thought of any way to do so. I'm afraid it's simply not possible.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Vøytek
Developer

17 Nov 2018 22:43

Etienne38 wrote:
17 Nov 2018 17:26
I must do that every time the modder will upgrade his mod.
Well, unfortunately, that's how it works.
It'll first load the whole .sii file from one mod, then it'll overwrite the whole file again, if it's present in another mod loaded later.
So you need to modify it again after the update indeed.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

2018ljh
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2018 00:08

Would anyone be able to help me properly define a new city and country for my map? I have tried the information I have found online, but it's not working. I got it to work once upon a time (over a year ago) on my old computer, and can't remember how I did it.
Mapper of Norway 1:1 Scale

Etienne38
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2018 00:51

Thank you for your help.
I have another question.
When I play on a 1:1 scale map, either a map created from scratch by a modder or an existing map (Promods) where I set the scale to 1:1 we encounter a issue :
The missions are valid only 5 minutes, whatever we put as parameters cargo_validity_min and cargo_validity_max in the economy_data.sii file.
The exceptional cargos (from the DLC) have normal validity time (more than 50 hours)
Do you know if we should modify other parameters ?
I would be surprised that eevery existing 1:1 map encounter the same issue not solved.
I could ask every 1:1 map thread but if you have the answer, posting it here could help more people because of the visibility ;-)
Thank you very much.

Vøytek
Developer

18 Nov 2018 03:25

2018ljh wrote:
18 Nov 2018 00:08
Would anyone be able to help me properly define a new city and country for my map? I have tried the information I have found online, but it's not working. I got it to work once upon a time (over a year ago) on my old computer, and can't remember how I did it.
My advice is to look at existing, working files, and recreate the folder structure to make it work.
What exactly is the problem?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

fisherm
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2018 11:52

Since the 1.33 update, ETS2 crashes when I type "edit" in the console, so I can't mod any more.

I've tried the usual tricks - making sure the folders are empty, making sure it's not on fullscreen mode, etc. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information