Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Sep 2017 23:05

I'm afraid not. But in the game, you can check the sector IDs when you turn on the background map. And the DEF files are the SII files you write if you need them.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Parseccc

08 Sep 2017 23:19

I have a question regarding the entire map. When do you think would be the absolute stopping point of developing the map? Like lets just say every single country/territory in Europe has been developed for the map, and all the major cities for each country have been made with no room to really add anything.

ETS2-User
Developer

08 Sep 2017 23:57

Then it's time to rebuild the old parts and/or expand into unknown territories. ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Davyddin
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2017 00:15

ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

JoeP82

14 Sep 2017 10:48

A little question regarding ETS2 Map Editor. I've put a UK speed sign showing 20mph. But in game the UI it's showing as 12mph or 20kmph. I'm assuming it's not as simple as just adding the sign to the road and the AI/speed will follow the sign. How do I solve it so the speed/ai/UI is 20mph which will be 32kmph.

ScuL
Founder

14 Sep 2017 10:53

I think the game is interpreting the sign as 20km/h because the road node it's located on has no country set. You have to set the country to UK in order for speed signs to be read as mph.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

JoeP82

14 Sep 2017 11:09

ScuL wrote:
14 Sep 2017 10:53
I think the game is interpreting the sign as 20km/h because the road node it's located on has no country set. You have to set the country to UK in order for speed signs to be read as mph.
Thanks for the answer :) Past couple of weeks just being learning/understanding the map editor and so far just have couple of roads and buildings on. So don't have a lot of knowledge.

EDIT: Figured it out thanks Promods again :D

JoeP82

18 Sep 2017 15:50

Is there a way/possible to be able to use the same texture as a sidewalk material for a road terrain. For example I've created a road and has sidewalks with the material of "asphalt 00.mat" but the terrain shader closet I can find is "asphalt.mat" but it's not the same as it's a light grey.

Devilagent
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2017 16:04

I created a private map addon for promods 2.18 to upgrade the vegetation and removing ugly rocks in the old SCS area of France. With 2.20 however I 'fall through the ground' exactly at the French/Belgian border. Opening my addon in the map editor I can see my modified map sectors, but nothing else. The only output I'll get is duplicate item..so I guess its because of shifting map sectors. The sectors I edit are far from rebuilding area's in for example Germany.

Do I have to start all over again from scratch or are there ways to fix those issues another way? And if so what should I be looking at?

I did try the tricks Penguinaz posted, but that didn't do the trick.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 19:38

Are there any good guides out there on truck, trailer and tandem skinning? Not just the basic file structure and so on, but more on how to actually work with templates in GIMP or Photoshop in an optimal way.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information