Mapping Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
SimulatorSam
Donation rank:

12 May 2016 16:02

Thank you very much, MandelSoft, I had to alter the image size to get the dimensions right, distances etc. but it's working great! :D

Zimbombe

12 May 2016 20:45

Zniwek wrote:I think you have to place Coast to Coast map in mod folder and then run the editor. You'll be able to add things to that map then. (if it's allowed by creator of that map!).
First of all i wont publish it until the Creator of Coast to coast allows it, its more for myself.

That seems like a solution but the problem here is that if i start mapping it will take like 1-2 month i guess, so just about the time my New york map is finished it wont be compatible with newer versions of Coast to coast which wouldnt be great at all.

Can somebody explain the magic behind map mods beeing complatible with each other ?

Vøytek
Developer

12 May 2016 21:15

Maps are like layers in graphic programs. That's how I feel it. I'm rebuilding Poznań. When I load only ProMods, then there's standard SCS Poznań. When I add my mod (to the editor or to the game), my roads in this sectors are higher priority, overwritting PM map so you don't see old roads + new roads but only new roads. If you load a mod over different mod, only one is visible if it covers the same area. If different areas have to be connected, then developers have to cooperate. Like ProMods + RusMap :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

SimulatorSam
Donation rank:

13 May 2016 16:49

I'm making a standalone map and I don't know how do I define a country in the map editor? I've tried 'State border' on a prefab and it hasn't worked.

And for that matter, how I define which traffic light model should be used for a country?

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

14 May 2016 00:14

Press "N" or select "node properties" tool.
Click on the red circle node of any road.
Check the box "country border" and select the 2 countries.
Done :)

With correctly defined borders, traffic lights will automatically update to the country's version after a save. If there are multiple roads between 2 countries be sure you correctly define each border or else you will get errors.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

SimulatorSam
Donation rank:

14 May 2016 09:05

Do I have to have two countries? I only have one... (The map is of a county in the UK called Hertfordshire so I'm using contries for county's instead)

Its a standalone map with currently is just this:

What prefab should have the controy border selected?

And I know how the traffic lights will change when you save, but I've created a country file hertfordshire.sii (Basically copy-paste uk.sii with anything 'uk' replaced with 'herts') and haven't found where I define what model they should use in the first place.

'country.sii'

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
# For modders: Please do not modify this file if you want to add a new entry. Create in
# this directory a new file "<base_name>.<idofyourmod>.sii" where <base_name> is name of
# base file without the extension (e.g. "city" for "/def/city.sii") and <idofyourmod> is
# some string which is unlikely to conflict with other mod.
#
# Warning: Even if the units are specified in more than one source file, they share the
# same namespace so suffixes or prefixes should be used to avoid conflicts.

# MINECRAFTMARIOGUY53

@include "country/hertfordshire.sii"
}

'country/hertfordshire.sii'

Code: Select all

country_data: country.data.herts
{

# MINECRAFTMARIOGUY53

country_id: 5364

name: "Hertfordshire"
	country_code: "GB"

pos:(0, 0, 0)

fuel_price: 1.59

lights_mandatory: false
	imperial_units: true
	leftside_traffic: true
	driving_tired_offence: true
}

The only thing to-do with traffic lights I found were in 'def/world', 'semaphore_model.sii' and 'semaphore_profile.sii'.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

14 May 2016 10:46

I would recommend to use UK instead of Hertfordshire. Otherwise you may open a can of worms you don't need. Also, the country ID can only go up to 255. Higher values will loop in this range.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

SimulatorSam
Donation rank:

14 May 2016 12:30

Thank you MandelSoft, penguinaz's solution works now, last time it kept reverting back. :P I have the correct lights now too :D

Zimbombe

17 May 2016 11:09

Zniwek wrote:Maps are like layers in graphic programs. That's how I feel it. I'm rebuilding Poznań. When I load only ProMods, then there's standard SCS Poznań. When I add my mod (to the editor or to the game), my roads in this sectors are higher priority, overwritting PM map so you don't see old roads + new roads but only new roads. If you load a mod over different mod, only one is visible if it covers the same area. If different areas have to be connected, then developers have to cooperate. Like ProMods + RusMap :)
I think i found a way to handle it pretty well, i tried around with the import/export tool.

I´ll export the area around NYC out of Coast to coast, rebuild the hole area and build NYC in huge size and later import my New york into
newest Coast to coast version.

Thx so far :)

SimulatorSam
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2016 15:27

Have I done something horribly wrong or is it the prefab? :?

The prefab where cars are coming off the motorway is fine, (hw/uk/ramp_1x_hw4_med_hw3-1_v2_M.ppd) the one where they leave isn't. (hw/uk/ramp_1x_hw4_med_hw3-1_v2.ppd)

It is quite funny to watch though. :lol:

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information