Question about Prefabs

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Axel Slingerland

04 Jun 2019 03:36

Greetings ProModians,

I know this forum is about the game editor which sadly I know nothing about, and I have a question about Prefabs and I don't know exactly where to put it. If there is a better place for it, if someone would be so kind as to move it there I would appreciate it. Thank you...

So my question is, how to you replace (or edit the model of) the main sign (with prices for fuel) at large and small gas stations? Is it possible to copy the gas station prefab files in the France DLC (which the Germany rebuild prefabs are based on), rename them, and place them in the folder of the gas station prefabs for the Germany rebuild and use them to replace the originals?

I have substituted signs from Satan19990's Real Company mod but I need to replace the main signs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you as always,

Ax
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

20 Jun 2019 12:48

Im unsure what the question is here.

Do you want to replace all gas stations with the same? Do you want to make edits in the editor or do you want to edit the 3D model?
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Axel Slingerland

24 Jun 2019 22:09

Hey Nico,

I want to replace the GOB gas station price signs, with ones from the original ETS2 1.26 gas stations that were in Germany. The ones that have GOB in them in the images above, and replace them with price signs from Euron, Globe Gas and or Petro...

Thanks Mate,

Ax
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

CallumD714
Developer

18 Jul 2019 14:17

IIRC the signs you want to replace aren't attached to the prefab, rather they are either separate models or signs placed beside it. If this is the case and you want to change them, you'll have to edit the GOB gas station sign model, which is separate from the prefab.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information