Reflective Material on Accessories

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
ApoorvPal

16 Oct 2018 17:48

Hey everyone,

I have made an accessory where I used a resized cube and added a 'reflective' shader preset (eut2.reflective) for it to act as reflective tape commonly used on trailers and trucks. I want to produce something like the image below.

Here is what I made in Blender. The object is just a cube with this material assigned to all faces so nothing to worry about there I guess. The material configuration is as follows:

EDIT:
I finally found another post related to this (if it helps anyone, here's the link: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 97#p612597) and figured that a dif.spec has to be applied to a duplicate mesh here as reflective is an add effect to that lower mesh which would have a spec shader. The thing is now, I see the reflector panels normally, but the intensity of the reflection is very less, is there a way to increase it? I want it to reflect or glow more even with lesser lighting. Right now, it is almost tough to figure out if it is reflecting or just normal spec. So, is there a way to create more intense reflective glow?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Apoorv

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information