Not quite sure whats going wrong. (Lots of issues)

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Minecart11

26 Jan 2018 07:00

Hello again! I've been working on the Switzerland map with my team but the map wouldn't run from the profile screen, so we ignored it until we were close to the next release. Now that we're getting close, I asked everyone to try and figure out why the game was crashing on the start. For some reason, the base game companies stopped showing the logos in the editor. Only the DLC companies do now. As well as the game saying that one of the prefabs has no company assigned even though it has a logo. When I play the map from the editor all of the prefabs will say that it failed to create a company link. After messing around, now its saying that:

Code: Select all

00:00:42.890 : <ERROR> [unit] File '/def/company/nucleon.sii', line 2:
00:00:42.890 : <ERROR> Included at '/def/company.sii', line 10:
00:00:42.890 : <ERROR> Expecting end of file, found 'c'
00:00:42.891 : <ERROR> [unit] File '/def/company/exomar.dlc_it.sii', line 2:
00:00:42.891 : <ERROR> Included at '/def/company.dlc_it.sii', line 10:
00:00:42.891 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'company.permanent.exomar' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'company_permanent').
00:00:42.891 : <ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/company.dlc_it.sii)
Not sure whats going wrong at this point
It crashes immediately after that.

Any help is appreciated since I have had a team of 3 attempt to fix it to no avail.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Jan 2018 09:14

I suspect that you double-defined some DLC companies. Your game tries to load the same item twice, which is not allowed. Why are you even doing that?
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Minecart11

26 Jan 2018 15:29

MandelSoft wrote:
26 Jan 2018 09:14
I suspect that you double-defined some DLC companies. Your game tries to load the same item twice, which is not allowed. Why are you even doing that?
If by double defined you mean I have two companies assigned to the same prefab then no. I have removed the company definitions entirely from the def but they will still appear in the editor ( yes I did pack and put it in the mods folder ).

Vøytek
Developer

26 Jan 2018 15:41

Well, it tells you exactly what is wrong, in which def file and even the exact line with the problem. So investigate that file as it says ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Minecart11

26 Jan 2018 18:43

Vøytek wrote:
26 Jan 2018 15:41
Well, it tells you exactly what is wrong, in which def file and even the exact line with the problem. So investigate that file as it says ;)
I did investigate what it says, but there is no c on line 10 of the companies sii file, as well as there is no exomar.dlc_it file. Also, if you would like to try and look at it yourself, I can send you the map when I get home in 2 hours. It has been confusing me and my team for weeks now lol.

Vøytek
Developer

26 Jan 2018 19:20

Sure, we can take a look at your files if you want.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Minecart11

26 Jan 2018 20:01

Thanks. You would probably know better than my team! :lol:

Minecart11

26 Jan 2018 21:32

Vøytek wrote:
26 Jan 2018 19:20
Sure, we can take a look at your files if you want.
Here you go!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmmployc2 ... eizmap.zip

Vøytek
Developer

26 Jan 2018 22:36

I must admit I have no idea what's wrong with that 1 file BUT I can tell you - your file management skills are really poor and your mod will never work this way...

Never edit SCS files! Don't touch company.sii, create your own instead (company.swiss.sii or something similar).

Also, don't include any SCS files. Why is there a "base" folder in your map? Why all those definitions? It's all overwriting each other, creating a lot of confusion to the game and probably to you (or me).

Please, start with "cleaning" all unnecessary files - it should reduce your mod size to just few MBs. Then you can finally start solving issues. Maybe there's a problem with Nucleon, because this company already exists in SCS files. As I said, it's very hard to investigate with this huge mess in your files...

You should include ONLY the files that you created. If you modify some original SCS files, and they update them in the future, you'll get into big trouble.

Take a look at our files to see how we manage everything, it'll help a lot now and in the future ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Minecart11

26 Jan 2018 23:00

Vøytek wrote:
26 Jan 2018 22:36
I must admit I have no idea what's wrong with that 1 file BUT I can tell you - your file management skills are really poor and your mod will never work this way...

Never edit SCS files! Don't touch company.sii, create your own instead (company.swiss.sii or something similar).

Also, don't include any SCS files. Why is there a "base" folder in your map? Why all those definitions? It's all overwriting each other, creating a lot of confusion to the game and probably to you (or me).

Please, start with "cleaning" all unnecessary files - it should reduce your mod size to just few MBs. Then you can finally start solving issues. Maybe there's a problem with Nucleon, because this company already exists in SCS files. As I said, it's very hard to investigate with this huge mess in your files...

You should include ONLY the files that you created. If you modify some original SCS files, and they update them in the future, you'll get into big trouble.

Take a look at our files to see how we manage everything, it'll help a lot now and in the future ;)
Thank you! I'll try to solve these issues and see if it works.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information