Map Modding questions

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
veso266

19 Aug 2017 11:18

Hi I started to map mod a bit (for start adding custom roads in europe) and found a few obstacles along the way
I have the latest ETS 2 (1.27) and have all map DLCs (Scandinavia, France, Going East)

1. the road dissaphears on the map but is clearly there: Image
I added some custom road between Nice (France) and Verona (Italy) where the official road ends (I removed the obstical that prevents you from driving into it (still don't know how to add it if I want to) but my road is clearly there but map doesn't see it so is there any button to allow me to define it? and Navigation doesn't work on my custom roads for some reason

2. when I create too long road with only one node I can't see it but it shows on the map (what is the best way to create long one node roads?)
2.1. is there a bigger map in Map Editor then F5 one and what is the best way to go from Sweden to Italy in Map Editor (with mouse it takes a while)

3. I can's seem to connect theese 2 roads: Image together I checked heigh difrences but they are the same height here are Node properties for theese 2 roads:

Road 1: Image
Road 2: Image
Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards hope my questions are not too mean but I still don't know a lot of things like how to create addon map for ProMods (should I load ProMods mods when creating map so I can see ProMods roads?)

CallumD714
Developer

04 Sep 2017 23:31

1. While the road is present in the editor, it has an option disabled called "Show on UI Map". This option, accessible by opening the properties of the road, determines whether the road shows up on the map or not. Checking it will fix the problem.
2. If a road is over 1000 metres long, it will create an error and will not render the road. However, it will still show up in the UI map. To solve this problem, split the road in half by middle clicking on the red node of the road. This will split the road into two equal length segments and fix the error.
2.1. The F5 map is the largest map in the editor. To get from Sweden to Italy quickly, use the search tool at the top of the screen, and under the "City" tab, select the closest Italian city. The camera will teleport to that location and you can then move to your work place.
3. Those roads can't connect, because they are both green nodes. To connect the two, either of these have to be done:
  • Delete one road, and lay it in the other direction so that the red node is on the opposite (i.e. correct) side.
  • If the above option isn't possible (there are cases where it isn't possible), add a prefab in between the two road segments. While green road nodes can't connect, a green road node can connect to a green prefab node.
If you have any more questions, feel free to reply or PM me or the other developers.

-Callum

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information