New developer

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
verner3
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2017 17:52

Hey guys,
I would love to start developing for ProMods, but I am unsure of where to start and if I have to tell someone beforehand.
Could someone, preferably a developer tell me how they started to develop for ProMods?
All help is greatly appreciated.

gmtavares

17 Aug 2017 18:18

@verner

Personally, if I were you, I would start mapping some Spanish islands, as I do not think we have seen any developments there, not at least in this thread...
Then you can start a thread here viewforum.php?f=37&sid=eba405da1f429c8dcd95ca011e66febc
And start showing your work!

Be sure to use the correct scaling and Google street view [or other street view website] for more realism!

If you want to map your home region... It may be harder... As PM has already started some development in several Spanish regions.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

verner3
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2017 18:51

@gmtavares
That's perfect!
I was thinking about developing the Balearics as I prefer scenic roads to motorways for some reason. But then again Ibiza is very small and I'm not sure if i could fit even 2 towns in it.
Also the majority of Mallorcan roads are motorways. Would it be okay to make roads that wouldn't essentially be the smartest routes?

Horizon™
Developer

17 Aug 2017 19:10

verner3 wrote:
17 Aug 2017 17:52
Hey guys,
I would love to start developing for ProMods, but I am unsure of where to start and if I have to tell someone beforehand.
We are always happy to see a new talent to arise in this community, and it is very great that you want to begin developing for our map mod, however, you will need to fit few criteria to be accepted by founders/administrators. One of the criteria is, of course, enough skill to produce good-looking and realistic environment (roads, towns - you name it) in a rather small scale (1:19 for mainland Europe; 1:15 for British Isles).

Personally, I would recommend you to start out small, and somewhere in Ukraine, to build, a town or a road for showcase to our team. Otherwise, if you are willing to start hard, begin with mountainous countries or countries with gigantic cities.
Could someone, preferably a developer tell me how they started to develop for ProMods?
All help is greatly appreciated.
I did begin mapping few weird, and fictional things, however, I didn't map anything realistic, such as cities or roads in real life, until once I did decide to work on Constanta (RO) and Ruse (BG) while I was in the team, that caused me to become a developer. Later, I continued making Serbian towns.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

brainiac
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2017 19:37

verner3 wrote:
17 Aug 2017 18:51
@gmtavares
That's perfect!
I was thinking about developing the Balearics as I prefer scenic roads to motorways for some reason. But then again Ibiza is very small and I'm not sure if i could fit even 2 towns in it.
Also the majority of Mallorcan roads are motorways. Would it be okay to make roads that wouldn't essentially be the smartest routes?
If you don't like motorways, I think most of people like to drive on motorways more than on small roads, like me. So, I won't be happy if you avoid to build motorways, but building motorways doesn't prevent you to build small roads.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information