Model convert

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Callipso
Donation rank:

24 Feb 2018 23:21

It sounds like Stubbornness to me, honestly. You got frustrated when setting things up and you might not have bothered to look at any manuals on how to do the process the right way when you began. When you set yourself up to fail that is what you will do ultimately. I'd really suggest you try again and learn everything you can about how Blender operates and what you can about the Tools that SCS has put out to convert and adapt models into the game. You did 8 years of diligent work to learn Photoshop though didn't even spend a fraction of that time with Blender you should know better than most people that this stuff isn't learned overnight

The process is not very complicated after you see how the process works and those of us who have been doing it for awhile can even assist you in getting the result you desire from blender. Please, don't bring your checkbook money is not what this community is built around.

Terg500

25 Feb 2018 14:03

When I started with modeling a few weeks ago the first tutorial I watched was SCS' official Simple Cube tutorial (All 5 parts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wp0SzT-N1E

When I followed the instructions 1:1 I could get the box ingame, and it was from there that I started to make my own models.

But don't think it'll stop there. After you know how to get models in-game you have to figure out other stuff, like
"Why does my model not generate any shadows?"
"Why do my transparent alpha areas have white borders around them?"
"How can I set up window reflections?"
"Why does the lighting on my model look all screwed up" etc.

If you're not prepared and get frustrated easily then don't even start. Most of the time it was fixed with the press of a single button (but I didn't know that), other times I found the solution by accident while screwing around with official SCS textures in Paint.NET.
When I had problems with the ETS2 editor I could get a few answers here on the PM forums, but most of the time you're all alone because people either don't know or don't care about your problems (SCS forums).

Sorry to be so blunt, but this has been my experience.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information