[Fixed] [#531] [1.83] France, speed limit issues

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
jontsuba
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2015 23:57

Okay, today I decided having a look at all the "new" area in central France:
I followed the yellow route: Chatellerault-Chateroux-Vierzon-Auxerre (more or less D925/A20/D926/D965)

My main point is about scenery urban areas with wrong speed limits. Such as Mezieres-en-Brenne:
Coordinates: -37458.4;37.4405;17522.1 Urban area, no speed limit (it stated 80 km/h in my GPS), no signal at all

Then we have urban areas without speed limit, nor place signal! These should be:
Beaulieu-sur-Loire (-30932.5;49.8915;14795.2)

Bonny-sur-Loire (-29913.5;46.1628;14300.6)

Toucy (no coords, sorry. Between Bonny and Auxerre)

Auxerre (this one has speed limits, but no place signaling)

As examples of urban areas correctly signaled, we have La Chapelle d'Angillon and Neuvy sur Barangeon.

Anyway, I must say that Kutchek's France is favourite part of ProMods. I just want to help in order to improve it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll also use this post to talk about signaling to closed areas and signaling to non-existant (or functional) cities. Some months ago there was a poll about that and people decided for signaling to non-existant cities both in closed and existant roads. My point is: this is one of the most bothersome direction signals I've ever seen:
Looking at the map it is clear that if you went from Vierzon to Paris, you'd go through A71. Why does then guide you through a local road? IMO, we should use realistic destinations. In this case, it should signal Vierzon and Auxerre. Other examples through this route would be Chatellerault and Chateroux. Actually, these non-existant (or non-functional) places are being used in ARP. Also, I would signal all exits in roundabouts like this:
To Vierzon

I may be a little extreme, but I think that realistic signaling is an important point of immersion.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2018 21:59

All fixed in WIP
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information