[Fixed] [#16213] [2.30] Riga, kerbs in road/console errors

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
Reust

07 Nov 2018 14:25

Dear Promods Team,

I dont know what your Beta Tester are doing while Testing, but I can say that they are have the most of the time closed their eyes.
I detected a huge Mistake from your mappers. It is on the Entry to Riga on the right turn lane. The Curbside is right on the middle of the lane.

Coordinates: ;[24/10/2018 08:36] (sec+0011-0010);44702.6;15.4816;-36119.5;1.11741;-0
Picture: Image

Also there are so many Water Level Errors around the whole map, its not longer even funny to drive on this map.
I hope you will understand, that we want to have a clean console and game Log.

Please fix all Errors, before you implement new Staff. I have more fun with a clean console than a good looking map with a lot stuff , with thousands of Errors.

Greetings Reust

PS: Hm as soon as I activate Promods, I have every 5 min Auto Save. Don´t like it. Youtubers aren´t great Beta Testers, they are just showing how beautiful the map is and don´t a have a look to the console, where they finding a lot of Errors.
Last edited by Davyddin on 04 Aug 2019 23:00, edited 2 times in total.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2018 14:49

I don't know what you are doing while posting bug reports, but I can say that you have your eyes closed most of the time. Moved to the correct section.

We'll try to verify/reproduce the reported bug. Water level errors are virtually impossible to avoid.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

EdgeGladiator

07 Nov 2018 15:06

Reust wrote:
I dont know what your Beta Tester are doing while Testing, but I can say that they are have the most of the time closed their eyes.
I detected a huge Mistake from your mappers. It is on the Entry to Riga on the right turn lane. The Curbside is right on the middle of the lane.

Coordinates: ;[24/10/2018 08:36] (sec+0011-0010);44702.6;15.4816;-36119.5;1.11741;-0
Picture: Image
This bug has already been reported : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25903 #16213, thanks for the report anyway. But please respect the work of the beta testers (who report the bug before you), I do not think you could do better than them.
Reust wrote:
Please fix all Errors, before you implement new Staff. I have more fun with a clean console than a good looking map with a lot stuff , with thousands of Errors.
To solve everything would be almost impossible given the difficulty, do not think it's easy, in addition some errors are caused by SCS.
Last edited by Davyddin on 07 Nov 2018 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reduced quotes slightly
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Reust

07 Nov 2018 15:46

Davyddin wrote:
07 Nov 2018 14:49
Water level errors are virtually impossible to avoid.
Thats interesting, why is a single Person able to fix all Water Level Errors on his map, during you have a lot of mappers, which can´t solve that problem.
Last edited by Davyddin on 07 Nov 2018 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reduced quote; please only quote relevant passages

Davyddin
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2018 16:07

Please note, that if you continue to be disrespectful, you may be banned in accordance with the forum rules. Constructive criticism is welcome, disrespect is not.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Vøytek
Developer

07 Nov 2018 16:13

Reust wrote:
Also there are so many Water Level Errors around the whole map, its not longer even funny to drive on this map.
Nobody is forcing you to use this map if you don't like it ;)
Reust wrote:
why is a single Person able to fix all Water Level Errors on his map, during you have a lot of mappers, which can´t solve that problem.
And who's that god-like person?

More mappers, more areas, more water levels - bigger chance for this error to appear and no way to fix it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2018 17:09

Reust wrote:

I hope you will understand, that we want to have a clean console and game Log.

Greetings Reust

In next Update we can remove all water from the Map, so no water level errors will come anymore. :ugeek:
And for a clean console I can recommend you this:
Reust wrote:
PS: Hm as soon as I activate Promods, I have every 5 min Auto Save. Don´t like it. Youtubers aren´t great Beta Testers, they are just showing how beautiful the map is and don´t a have a look to the console, where they finding a lot of Errors.
The 5 min. autosave is also in Base game without any Mods. The time when autosaves are made is hardcoded, no Mod can change this. If it bothers you then go to the SCS Forums can complain there.
Also how do you know that we don't look at the console while testing when you can't play the betas to see how many console errors occour versus the released Versions? Fixing all console errors is impossible before the release.

/edit pardon, almost forgot about this:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=939
Please review on how to report a bug before posting. "Map building error" doesn't tell us anything :? The title should contain the game Version, the city/Road name where the Bug occours and the country code!!! :!: :!:
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

bricksathome
Developer

07 Nov 2018 17:44

Reust wrote:

Thats interesting, why is a single Person able to fix all Water Level Errors on his map, during you have a lot of mappers, which can´t solve that problem.
Water level errors can be difficult to solve because sometimes they will only show when driving in a certain direction, for example, I know that if you drive into Porthmadog (in the uk) from the south, you won’t get water level errors. However driving into it from the north will give water errors. This sometimes makes these errors hard to spot, I only realised this after the release.
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

08 Nov 2018 04:09

Additionally, Water Level errors cause exactly one thing to happen: It makes Water Reflections not work beyond the first two or so bodies of water.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Nissantruck

08 Nov 2018 11:48

I must say this.People who do the beta testing are only human beings and we cant see everything,that could be wrong in the Pm map.
It takes long time to test everything,because beta testing persons need to test many places,that are done by the map makers of each country for different game updates.
The people who use the Pm map can report any bugs,that they can find in the bug report topic in this website after they check first,that the bug that they did find is not found by somebody else all ready and if you or anybody else needs help with something you can always ask help from this website,
because there are many good people here who can help you,even with different languages.
So please respect the work of others and please be respectful to other people in here,even i do that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information