2.43 Crash Due to DLC? (UPDATED 19/02/20, Still Problems)

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
zappy125
Donation rank:

18 Feb 2020 18:49

ORIGINAL POST: (See below for update)
As the title states, the game seems to crash at random places on the map. I've gone back, and even going to that same place with the freecam will cause the game to crash.
I decided to start a new profile, and set my HQ in Torshavn, Faroe Islands. The game immediately crashes when hitting confirm. I initially noticed it when trying to go to Iceland, so I did some hopping around. It happens in northern Norway (I believe the road is the E6?), in Denmark (entering the city of Hirtshals), and even as far south as Spain.

I am at a loss as this is really the first time I've had issues with PM. My game is up to date (1.36) and running it on DirectX 11.

There is my game.log.txt file after the crash trying to start a new profile at Torshavn.

UPDATED POST:
After uninstalling and reinstalling the game + DLCs, everything was back to working order. Driving around Iceland was fine, which I previously could not do. However now, it seems trying to take the ferry to Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland, the game crashes. An exploration with the freecam provides the same results. Upon viewing the game.log.txt, it seems I'm facing the same problem as before: DLCs are broken/unable to load models from DLCs (specifically Scandinavia). I'll upload the most recent game.log.txt for you to take a look at. I'm just curious as to what would suddenly cause a DLC to "break" suddenly like this, or is it something else?
Last edited by zappy125 on 19 Feb 2020 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

bmwGTR

18 Feb 2020 19:56

Hi,

it look like that your DLC's are broken.
Try to verify your game files on steam.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

zappy125
Donation rank:

18 Feb 2020 20:06

I'll give that a shot, thanks!
EDIT: I tried that and no luck, says everything is valid. I'll try uninstalling it, reinstalling the game + DLCs, see if that does anything.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 19 Feb 2020 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

ScuL
Founder

20 Feb 2020 03:34

Maybe your harddrive is at the end of its time? The logs are full of errors about missing DLC content..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

20 Feb 2020 09:07

It may be also another Mod that is incompatible with the DLCs. Try with ProMods only enabled.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information