Fed up of waiting so long for updates every time

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Kenton82
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2020 19:54

The excuse of small team, or whatever is rubbish. ProMods has outgrown the owners and should be bought up by a bigger company that can deal with keeping it more up to date with the main program, and quicker. My profile in ETS2 has not been used for a couple of months as it is now infected with the out of date ProMods - which i now dearly wish i had never bothered downloading. By saying infected, i mean i now cant do what i want in the game, or go where i want, as it is not 100% compatible with the latest ETS2 update. My game has crashed several times when i go into areas or countries that are not compatible. I dont want to start a new profile, as it is my only one i have had for ages, plus the fact i should not have to. It has wrecked the game for me, and no longer feel like playing it because of the incompatibilities. I will HAVE to start a new profile all over again, if i want the old reliable ETS2 back again MINUS so callled 'PRO' Mods.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2020 20:08

ProMods is and will be a project for people using their free time, if you're tired of waiting for updates, you can update it yourself, you've everything you need for it.
And you don't need to create a new profile for every Update, I use a profile for a long time, updated ProMods many times with it and it still works just fine. If you've crashing problems then it's a problem on your side, not ProMods side.
If you want to get helped with that post your game.log.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Vøytek
Developer

04 Feb 2020 20:08

I'll just say, that you had to wait ONLY a whole week for an update to 1.36...

If you use other mods which cause game crashing, don't blame ProMods.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

rudenkov vladimir

04 Feb 2020 21:43

I'm on my profile for the third year doing trips, updated ProMods 2.43 to 1.36 and have no problems. There are no other mods, except promods-cap-v110, promods-me-defmap-v243, promods-tcp-trailers-v124 And everything works without problems.
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

ScuL
Founder

04 Feb 2020 23:23

The excuse of small team, or whatever is rubbish.
We don't have a small team, actually a rather large team, but they are all volunteers! Nobody gets paid!
ProMods has outgrown the owners and should be bought up by a bigger company that can deal with keeping it more up to date with the main program, and quicker.
We are not a company so there is nothing to buy.
My profile in ETS2 has not been used for a couple of months as it is now infected with the out of date ProMods - which i now dearly wish i had never bothered downloading. By saying infected, i mean i now cant do what i want in the game, or go where i want, as it is not 100% compatible with the latest ETS2 update.
I have personally been using the same profile since 2012 and it's still working today. Version 2.43 is compatible with the latest version of ETS2 (1.36).
My game has crashed several times when i go into areas or countries that are not compatible. I dont want to start a new profile, as it is my only one i have had for ages, plus the fact i should not have to. It has wrecked the game for me, and no longer feel like playing it because of the incompatibilities. I will HAVE to start a new profile all over again, if i want the old reliable ETS2 back again MINUS so callled 'PRO' Mods.
If you are having issues they are likely caused by an incorrect configuration or other mod incompatibilities. Please use the Gameplay Issues forum and post your game.log
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Kenton82
Donation rank:

16 Feb 2020 16:51

Strictly ZERO other mods in my game. The last compatibility patch itself stated that it is not compatible with the latest new map content of the game.
No problems with my hardware.

"if you're tired of waiting for updates, you can update it yourself, you've everything you need for it" - Sorry, but i am a normal PC user, with a good system who happens to be able to play games, i have no idea how to update a mod myself.

"We are not a company so there is nothing to buy" - Except for merchandise & (optional) paid downloads.

I am currently trying to use Promods 2.43 with ETS2 1.36. Are you saying that 2.43XXX has been updated since I downloaded it back in December 2019? If so, I have had no notification telling me?

I know none of the team get paid, but Promods has obviously grown exponentially, so would benefit from a larger group of people, or sold to a group that can keep up with demand as ETS & ATS grow.

I realise updates can't be quick, but any improvements would be huge.

Cheers for the professional responses, and for what you have achieved anyway. Fingers crossed I will be able to run ETS2 with Promods again in the future without stability risks. I am sure I cant be the only one with these issues.

All the very best to you all.

K

Shiva

16 Feb 2020 20:51

posting a game.log might help iron out what is wrong?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

peyence

16 Feb 2020 23:18

Hi Kenton,

I'm not a team modder, just a player,
I can understand frustration of waiting for updates, every 6 or 12 months, but…
How much did we pay for Promod ?
How many people working on it freely ?
Which other team is selling such a map for few euro(s) ?

As you, I'm waiting for, this's the Reason why I'm here
And there's nothing more to do except keeping in mind that... things are coming, soon or late

Btw, there are many maps to discover : EAA, other brazilian map, standalone Grand Utopia - you may recognize a very similar city close to PM Iceland ;) -, ...many other fantastic roads to enjoy (you can even create a secondary profile - with or without cheatmods (!) -, by waiting for PM update

Take care, take it easy

P
Drive. Breath. Drive +

ScuL
Founder

17 Feb 2020 08:32

if you are running 2.43 on 1.36 there should not be any compatibility issue, unless you are missing a DLC somehow.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

CAPLV
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2020 10:12

maybe he means compatibilty w/new map DLC content? :D

for my self, i`m using 2-3 profiles.. 1 wit promods combo, 2nd - non promods combo - 3rd - vanilla, for any needs
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information