[Resolved] Game crashing on loading screen

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
SalePro

10 Nov 2018 00:19

I know that i need to wait longer and longer depending on how much mods am i using,but it was new profile without any activated mods and i get "... has stopped responding" and i have to close application.
If you mean i need to wait after this appears,i am not sure that it will work,but if you experienced same issue i could try it as well.
I can bring an screenshot too if needed to be more clear about what i am talking about.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2018 00:32

SalePro wrote:
... and i get "... has stopped responding" and i have to close application.
never heard about a issue like that. i have no idea anymore, sorry.
No Support via PM!

Vøytek
Developer

10 Nov 2018 00:50

SalePro wrote:
I can bring an screenshot too if needed to be more clear about what i am talking about.
Screenshots and videos are always useful, so it's worth a try.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

SalePro

10 Nov 2018 14:05

Alright here are screenshots of what i am suffering from:

Im hoping this will help at least a little.

The first image is when i selected my starting city,and the second when i try to load that new profile,not my main.

Merge:

The thing i am doing now is adding 1 by 1 file from my documents folder to my new documents directory created by steam,so i am hoping then maybe that i will find file causing the game to crash. I will post again when i find where is the problem.

Merge:

That's it, i fixed my problem. So what was the problem:
It was about config.cfg file, and the question is how did this made my game crash? I do not know really,but here is what i have figured out.
I moved/copied my config.cfg from main documents directory to a new one created by steam on D: drive when i was moving my whole documents folder to free up space on C: drive because i have more than 700GB free on D:

And the thing is,if you copy or move your config.cfg file to a new folder on your pc,in this case new ets documents folder,your game will crash at the end of loading screen,but you cannot see anything in game.log or anywhere else.

So the solution to this is to just modify your new config.cfg file if you had any changes to it,if not just leave it like that,dont try to copy or replace your newer one with old one or else you can experience crashes like i did.

Thanks anyway for helping me,i appreciate it.
Last edited by Davyddin on 12 Nov 2018 22:47, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged multipost; please edit your posts instead of multiposting

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2018 20:01

good that you said at the end that you moved the game to another hardware.......

anyways, have fun again. :)
No Support via PM!

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information