Has Promods become too heavy for my PC?

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
svenks
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2018 14:34

Hi all
As much as I enjoy Promods 2.31, It bother me that I have run into a performance issue with it...
On occasion, not necessarily in a city or another obvious place, my frame rate suddenly drops so low, that the game seems to stop for a second or less.
It happens so quick (and so is the recovery), that I never get to see the actual frame rate while it's happening, but using MSI Afterburner I can tell that it is briefly below 20 - a drop from around 60.
Now comes the strange part: Also using Afterburner, I can see that these drops typically coincides with a drop in CPU1 usage (CPU1 obvious bears the brunt in my case). I would have expected the CPU
to be maxed out instead, and I suspect this is the result of the CPU waiting for something, like a scenery load.
Now, I haven't had the kind of problems before. Sure, the frame rate would decline in cities but that is to be expected, and I can live with that. But these stops really annoys me, and it is due to Promods as
the problem completely goes away if I play without Promods - which I would rather not do...

Specs and stuff
Core [email protected] (yesterdays news, I know - but it is still able to feed the GPU in ATS to give me 60 FPS normally, the same goes for ETS2 without Promods)
GTX 1080@2050MHz, GDDR5@5454 MHz
16GB RAM
All SSD disks
Graphics settings is mostly high, some ultra, resolution 5760x1080, scaling 400 (it may seem high, but the GPU is not stressed and it is NOT the problem)

Any Ideas is much appreciated!
BRGDS
Sven

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information