Promods 1.30 and conflict problems

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
McGistics
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 01:18

:?: I notice in a lot of posts since ETS2 1.32 and ProMods 2.32 that people are having problems either when load the game after staring a new delivery job and the exit to profiles and deactivating some map mods.

I was curios about it so did what I thought might be happening and what other said they had done and strangely enough the exact error happened to me. Here is what I did in order as follows:

1) I Started ETS2 with a Promods and other mos and map mods activated and it loaded.

2) I then started a new Delivery job and picked up the trailer and drove to the nearest motor way services and parked up then saved the game and Exited ETS2.

3) I then started ETS2 and deactivated a few other map mods and during loading it crashed.

4) I looked at the game.logs and could see and lot errors like ( <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1a5.8353.27c0' of type 'oversize_offer' has dangling pointer (to 'spec_offer.ovesize_100b') in the attribute named 'offer_data'.).

5) I created a new profile and promods team was telling others and once in a delivery area and picked up a job I exited ETS2 and Activated Promods and trailers and loading the game and it worked first time with any problems.

6) curios as I was I deactivated promos and trailers and loaded the game again and it work without problems. So I repeated the procedure again but with all mods and maps activated this time and waited for the game to loaded.

7) This time I deactivated a few map mods like Afro Map and PJ Indo Map and gues what it crashed during loading. So I think that there is a but in a map mod and it when deactivated there corrupting the other files and ETS2 is still trying to load them into the game even though it is not supposed to be.

Well that my conclusion and might be wrong but when a new profile is created and it runs smooth until a map mod or mod with a bug in it destroys something. Hopefully a developer can correct me if I am wrong.

Here is a link to my game log and hope it helps in some way. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CzNaZ0 ... sp=sharing

:arrow: This is a link to the other posts where it is mention by others and me. https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 8&start=10

Josh0

21 Oct 2018 01:48

McGistics wrote:
4) I looked at the game.logs and could see and lot errors like ( <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1a5.8353.27c0' of type 'oversize_offer' has dangling pointer (to 'spec_offer.ovesize_100b') in the attribute named 'offer_data'.).
"'oversize_offer` has dangling pointer" errors are expected if you are adding/removing ProMods to a game profile, using a ProMods def with Special Transport enabled along with the Special Transport DLC. ProMods 2.30/2.31 forcibly disable the SCS Special Transport jobs/routes in favor of ProMods-specific Special Transport jobs/routes. The errors are the game recognizing that the SCS-specific jobs/routes are no longer defined, and these errors disappear during the next load.
McGistics wrote:
7) This time I deactivated a few map mods like Afro Map and PJ Indo Map and gues what it crashed during loading. So I think that there is a but in a map mod and it when deactivated there corrupting the other files and ETS2 is still trying to load them into the game even though it is not supposed to be.
The game crash shown in your provided game.log is this problem: Game may crash when adding ProMods to an existing profile. This is a known problem with a known workaround. I do not believe this game crash is related to problem you were attempting to reproduce.

McGistics
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 02:00

Right Ok Thank for you comment much appreciated. I did adding ProMods to an existing profile like you mentioned and other must be doing the same because there logs show simpler information. Hopefully some one will fix this soon.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 21 Oct 2018 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Davyddin
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 21:37

Fix what?
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

McGistics
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 22:23

Fix what? Now that's the question? :)
Last edited by Davyddin on 21 Oct 2018 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please quote only relevant parts, never the entire previous post

Davyddin
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 22:26

You wrote above:
McGistics wrote:
21 Oct 2018 02:00
Hopefully some one will fix this soon.
What were you referring to?
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

McGistics
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 22:57

Please read my other posts. You might agree or disagree. But has a similar thing happened to you?
https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26464
Last edited by Davyddin on 21 Oct 2018 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please quote only relevant parts, never the entire previous post

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information