Why can't I download from the compatibility page?

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
ThePwnd

19 Sep 2018 19:14

Greetings all,

I'm trying to download ProMods v2.27 because I don't have the Italia DLC. So I went to the compatibility page - https://www.promods.net/compat.php - and tried to follow the download links very clearly and helpfully listed. I clicked the first link for the free download, got sent to an ad fly page, waited 5 seconds, skipped the ad, and was then immediately redirected to a page that said "Sorry! Access Denied." - access_denied.html

I'm very confused because the page says I didn't come from an official download link? Or that I have a browser plug-in getting in the way. I'm using an off-brand indie browser that has a built-in ad blocker plus a few other features, so I tried the same process on Firefox instead (where I have no plug-ins installed), but this time, instead of getting an ad fly page, I just got a 404 error. What's going on? I checked for old threads on the issue and I found one from a guy who was able to download 2.27 just 2 weeks ago, so I'm not sure why I'm not able to get to it.

Omicron
Developer

19 Sep 2018 21:51

ThePwnd

I'm not too sure what's causing the problem. I tried downloading it and it worked. Try using Google Chrome or another browser. Also, make sure that whatever browser you use does not use any addons, particularly ad-blockers.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

ThePwnd

21 Sep 2018 06:14

Yeah, it's weird, but using Chrome seems to have worked. I also tried it on a different computer just for good measure. Thanks for your help!

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information