Is promods gpu or cpu sensitive?

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
jbbrans

10 Sep 2018 10:17

I'm running ETS2 on a 4K resolution on my computer.
Ryzen 2700X
32GB Ram
EVGA 1080 @2060MHz
250GB ssd

I can run vanilla ETS2 at 70-120 fps, with promods 2.30 i get 25-60 fps.

Vanilla i can max out all settings, including scaling 150, MLAA.
With promods i have to scale down to 100% and anti-alliasing off, then i get the mentioned framerates and even a big hiccup now and then.
I have tried the def. files from extreme high power system to average but i see no improvement.

What stands out in my system is the gpu use when using promods, it's not using the gpu for the full 100% but only about 50%. GPU temps are not high at that moment (around 55C).

Is there a way to improve these framerates?
Lowest framerates i get in cities, so lowering grass and trees details won't help (i think).

Thank you,
Jeroen

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2018 10:41

ProMods is indeed heavier on all PCs, because of the detail we add to the map.

Lowering the mirror quality can help.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

tomsun66
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2018 20:22

Interesting to know about the CPU usage, not in total that will be at 10-20%, but for the single cores/threads, there will be only appr. 2 threads at app. 90-100% and the rest will almost idle. (Situation that i have on my FX 4 core/8 thread system, total CPU usage mostly between 25 and 35 %), as long the nod is not cut through and the game engine will have a better utilization of multicore the situation will remain, and as long the situation persists, more eyecandy will lead to less framerate. I'm not sure that the promods team can really do a lot on this, except accepting the situation and develop accordingly. Even in three years we won't have cpus with core frequencies above 20 or 50 GHz (there are some physical problems) even if you overclock a cpu you have sometimes to use ridicolous voltages the amount of electrical power you can lead to Cpu is limited (why do you think the threadripper is such a grazile CPU, they need the area).

Not everything that is programmable makes sense due to current limitations. There are some areas where you can see extreme in my opinion Barcelona and Zagreb. For pictures perfect, for playing/driving less is more.

Hope is that SCS makes massive progress on multicore-support so Promods can take advantage out of it.
jbbrans wrote:
10 Sep 2018 10:17
I'm running ETS2 on a 4K resolution on my computer.
Ryzen 2700X
32GB Ram
EVGA 1080 @2060MHz
250GB ssd

I can run vanilla ETS2 at 70-120 fps, with promods 2.30 i get 25-60 fps.

Vanilla i can max out all settings, including scaling 150, MLAA.
With promods i have to scale down to 100% and anti-alliasing off, then i get the mentioned framerates and even a big hiccup now and then.
I have tried the def. files from extreme high power system to average but i see no improvement.

What stands out in my system is the gpu use when using promods, it's not using the gpu for the full 100% but only about 50%. GPU temps are not high at that moment (around 55C).

Is there a way to improve these framerates?
Lowest framerates i get in cities, so lowering grass and trees details won't help (i think).

Thank you,
Jeroen
As said above by my precessor reducing mirror details may help a lot while not disturbing the overall graphical impression. of course you can reduce view distance but this impacts the graphical impression significant.

If you are not satisfied with the framerates of promods, and you are not satisfied with the vanilla map and DLCS only (which in my opinion have the same problem if you take e.g. Italy) you can choose of course another Map mod whre this problem is not so significant. Use the CPU with the highest Single corepower, overclock it significant (deliding. liquid metal, liquid cooling, High speed ram connection) but the major problem will remain, perhaps on a different level.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, gigabyte 1080ti, 32 GB, 3440*1440 Resolution, Logitech G25

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information