Access denied while downloading

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
MPeti1

03 Jul 2018 18:11

Hi!
After clicking "skip ad" on the adf.ly page, I can't start downloading the mod because it says access denied.
I tried what I could. I disabled uMatrix (turned off filtering, not disabled the addon, but this needs to be enough..), turned off strict popup blocker, but it still doesn't work. I don't have any other ad and script blocking addons as you can see here:

And here that I've disabled uMatrix:

I use Firefox Quantum, and ATM the free download server is under 54% load. Is there any way to determine what is the exact problem? It would be better if it would give me some useful error message (about what happened)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2018 18:39

You can't use any download manager/accelerator. (I see Bulk Media Downloader)

And you can only download 2 files at the same time.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MPeti1

03 Jul 2018 18:50

Volleybal4life wrote:
03 Jul 2018 18:39
You can't use any download manager/accelerator. (I see Bulk Media Downloader)

And you can only download 2 files at the same time.
Thanks for the help

I didn't used it on the page, and it's not a download manager, it just collects links which are accessed by opened pages, and you can select what you want to download (with the default download manager (which is usually the built-in, but I've installed one just to start downloading the next file if one finishes)). This is how it looks like:

But before I wrote the post, I also tried to start the download with these disabled, and the problem persisted

ScuL
Founder

03 Jul 2018 20:26

Try it in a vanilla browser without plugins. Clearly one of your plugins is blocking it
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MPeti1

03 Jul 2018 20:55

ScuL wrote:
Try it in a vanilla browser without plugins. Clearly one of your plugins is blocking it
Ok, it seems that with all plugins disabled it works, now I'm testing what will make it not to work. I'm done with half of my plugins (non of them triggered the blocking), now I'm waiting for the spam-block to expire. Is it incremental, or it will always take mostly the same time?

MPeti1

03 Jul 2018 23:21

ScuL wrote:
I've checked all and the point is turning off uMatrix wasn't enough, but after I've disabled it in the plugins tab everything was ok. Could you make this page show that you need to disable such plugins in the browser settings?

Vøytek
Developer

03 Jul 2018 23:25

It says:
Isn't it enough?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information