If you have FPS Drops try this.

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
TKL37

29 Jun 2018 12:02

Hello,

i am using Promods a long Time and was only unhappy with the fps drops that have from version to version drastically increased. Since i made the console work there were yellow errors to drop grass texture to load cause of exceeding limits. There were thousands of textures dropped (only grass texture) from ETS2. And only at this Time were FPS Drops from 60 to under 40 on a i7-4700K/GTX 1080.

Then it occured to me there is an setting in options to determine the ammount of grass in the Game and to my surprise the setting User-defined (above High-Setting) is used. I changed it to High and from now on there were no yellow messages in the console to drop texture of grass and no FPS-Drops anymore.

I´ve changed that option while in-game, the next time i started ETS2 i must change that option again. Maybe from the Main Menu in Options it will stay for the next Restart of ETS 2.

Maybe that all has something to do with the def-File from Promods. Maybe Grass is there on ammount higher than High that put ETS2 in a kind of stall when ETS2 must drop this textures.

Have fun with Promods.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information