the game crashes when the job is selected

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Josh0

08 Jun 2018 14:30

Edrom wrote:
08 Jun 2018 11:13
Can not the problem be that the profile is linked to World of Truck?
I suppose it is possible that World of Trucks is causing a problem, but I doubt this.
CptCaribbean wrote:
08 Jun 2018 11:43
The game crashes when using a ferry with a WoT contract.
(I don't have experience with this so I cannot say for sure). I haven't heard of the game crashing for this, I've heard the game reports an "unable to synchronize" type of error and moves your truck to the last known "good" position.
Edrom wrote:
08 Jun 2018 11:13
Now I have no chance to try it, because now I have acted on the version 1.31.2.5s. Actually, I can go back to previous versions.
For the purposes of trying to recover your old game profile, you could go back to ETS2 v1.30 by selecting "temporary_1_30 - 1.30.x for incompatible mods" in the Steam client's Betas tab, then copy one of your profile backup folders (like "profiles(1.31.1s).bak") to "profiles" in your ETS2 home directory. I recommend making a backup of your current "profiles" folder before attempting this, otherwise you will destroy everything you have done recently. Then you can run your old profile using ETS2 v1.30 to disable mods and disable WoT. If the profile still loads successfully then re-upgrade your game to v1.31 in Steam, then reload your old profile to make sure it still works, then add mods and add WoT again.

Edrom
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2018 22:35

In the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder, I have many folders named Profiles (1.25.3s) .back, Profiles (1.26.1s) .back. A total of 12 different. I can delete all of them and leave only profiles where the game profiles are stored

Shiva

09 Jun 2018 10:13

Edrom, let them be, for now atleast.

World of Truck Contracts. some may work, some other will NOT work with ProMods.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Edrom
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 21:10

So I removed the Profiles 2 from the Profiles 2 folder, leaving only one main one that falls. I removed all Mods. When I run the game, I'll go into the list of orders
- When I take the Fast Order (that's the one with the truck), the game will go)
- When I take the order from the cost list, the game will fall.

I find it odd that for the Fast Order below, the "Receive a Job" button and, in the cost list, the button is labeled "set target to GPS navigation" and then drops.

So I do not know the fix. And I do not want to set up a new profile, here I have a lot of miles and hours, and so on.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information