Loading Screen Freezes Every Time

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
xdyl

19 Feb 2018 04:19

Hello all, excuse any mistakes as this is my first post.

I bought and downloaded all the ProMods files (including the definition one, tried low/med/high/ultra) and put them into the mod folder. Every time I click continue, I get to about the "d" in ProMods 2.26 in loading and I freeze to the point where I have to restart my PC. Here's the log:

If you need anything further feel free to ask. I have tried the self-guide and none of it worked so I think there is something I am overlooking here...

Thanks!

bmwGTR

19 Feb 2018 08:45

Hi,

please wait - on the first load the game creates a navigation cache, which needs up to 30 minutes (on slow PC's).

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

platinumsteel

19 Feb 2018 10:49

Hi i am having the exact same error as the first poster..This issue seems new and happens on new or fresh installs...I just got back from a holdiay over the weekend and ended up doing a fresh install of my Windows OS and ets2 with steam...And no matter what I do promods keep getting stuck at the same point each time just under the ''d'' of the promods logo during the loading screen...I never had this issue of long load times with promods because am using an ssd hardrive with a gtx 1080 and core i5 processor..And i always use the tutorial on the promods website to install the mods in the correct order...I tried new profiles ....I even tried it on another labtop i have and it get's stuck at the same point...Am not sure if the issue is caused by a recent update from scs..But if i downgrade to an earlier ets2 version it goes past that loading screen but gets save errors..Hoping u all can check into it more deeply..It seems to happen on fresh installs...

bmwGTR

19 Feb 2018 11:29

bmwGTR wrote:
19 Feb 2018 08:45
Hi,

please wait - on the first load the game creates a navigation cache, which needs up to 30 minutes (on slow PC's).

Best regards,
bmwGTR
Hi,

just wait - on the first loading the game needs longer to load (up to 30 minutes).

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

platinumsteel

19 Feb 2018 11:40

Am sorry bmwGTR...You were right....What i had to do was whether the profile is new or a previous save..I had to let the game load fully without any mods or anything....Exit the game then go back and re-enable the Promods ...and then wait for like 9 seconds or so and the game loaded...Thanks a lot for your help..

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2018 18:59

Updating map mods (such as ProMods) or game version updates from SCS Software will trigger the rebuilding of the navigation cache.
I had a long load at the start with the current version of the game while still on Version 2.25 of the ProMods map.
Just be patient and let the game do its work so you can have shorter load times later.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information