7Zip "Can Not Open Archive"

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
bobgrey1997

23 Sep 2017 16:46

I have two questions:
1: IF I were to "buy" the download at "payloads", and the mod later has an update, will I have to buy it again, or is it like a paid account that I log into and can download the new version for free?
2: How can I fix my issue:
my issue is that when I downloaded the entire 7 files from the free server, the server did not name them correctly, and therefore, they failed the "test" and 7Zip could not open them. I renamed them, but same issue. I deleted all of them, and redownloaded just the first one. It too was not named correctly and was unusable. I renamed it, but still fails the test and is unreadable. I do have the latest 7Zip.

I know, and understand, why the "free" download is split and harder to work with. That is a way to encourage users to help support the cost of the project. The only reason I have not gone with the paid one is because I only have $14.58 in total. However, if it is just a one-time charge and updates and future releases are free, then I may be able to afford it and will gladly pay the download fee to support it! I have used ProMods back in it's early days and it was amazing! I can only imagine how it is now! That is why I am trying to download it!
Thank you for any help and advice, and thank you developers for your hard work!

Vøytek
Developer

23 Sep 2017 17:11

1. You don't pay for the mod, you pay for the bandwidth used to download it once. So, you have to pay that 1$ every time there's a new version.
2. Show us a screenshot of all those downloaded files and we'll try to help you.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information