Blank/White Trailers

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
yashila
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 13:06

So I've been noticing blank/white trailers a lot when picking up quick orders...log says the following:
00:37:22.692 : [actor] Initialized at [-28414.8;33.0;37362.9]
00:37:22.694 : <WARNING> [model] Model geometry '/vehicle/trailer_eu/promods_tcp/krone/cool_liner/cool_liner.pmg' has incorrect file version 506d6713 - expected version 506d6714
Not sure what the issue is - I have jazzycat trailers as well but they shouldn't conflict? I'm using the promods-tcp-def-trailers-replacement-v114 file.

Thanks in advance!

mads1153
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 14:45

I think you should have used Standalone instead Replacement because replacement just replaces all SCS trailers.
Standalone just adds to existing SCS trailers and it will add also to existing Jazzycat trailers.

Edit: Ok, it was anyway meaningless.
Last edited by mads1153 on 19 Sep 2017 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.2.5a
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5227,8 hours
ATS: Level 46 and played 796,3 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

bmwGTR

19 Sep 2017 15:13

Hi,

Jazzycat Mods are all standalone (they are adding some trailers) , so there are no conflicts if you are using ProMods TCP replacement def and Jazzycat TCP pack.
I'm also using the Jazzycat TCP pack and the replacement def of the ProMods TCP pack.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

JayCetic

19 Sep 2017 16:19

Full game.log.txt please
Jay
------------------------------------------------------------------
The journey is more important than the destination.
------------------------------------------------------------------

yashila
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 16:24

Here's the game log:

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 18:32

There is a plain white default trailer skin that is used for trailers when the company doesn't have a defined "look" for their trailers.
This "look" definition in the company definition files is what calls the paint jobs for the trailers.
Usually, it is the companies added by ProMods that exhibit this behavior for their trailers.
If all of the trailers are coming up white, then there is definitely a problem somewhere.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 19:10

Could you please try it with only ProMods stuff enabled? Just to be sure :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

yashila
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 19:28

Sure thing, let me get back to you on that tho, because I don't know when it happens and every time I change mods all quick orders get changed. I was also thinking that maybe it's the load order? Altho I did follow a guide from here but I wasn't sure where to put jazzycat's so I put them before the promods ones.

I also wanted to add that I notice this a lot around France and when I select the medical equipment order.

yashila
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 19:44

Okay so I took an order in France (medical vaccines) and it's still happening. Screenshot below. It still says the bit about the krone mismatch version. I can't upload the paste bin in one - it's too large (so many errors which I didn't have before, probably because I disabled the mods and loaded my old save). The only thing I can offer is a download from my drive.

Game log:

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/8AXfsx5.jpg

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2017 06:26

I did some further digging around on this issue on my own.

I created a fresh profile of ProMods without the TCP installed and the skins for the France DLC companies were available again in the Trailer Browser for the Curtain Side and Platform trailers.
It appears something is not quite right with the Replacment version of the TCP. With the Replacment version installed, the skins for the France DLC companies are no longer available for the Curtain Side and Platform trailers, resulting in the use of the Default white trailer skin for these two trailer types. I unfortunately don't know enough about how the trailer skins are handled to even try to correct the problem. :cry:

For the cargoes that use the Curtain Side or Platform trailers, I'm currently picking the Schwarz Mueller DLC Curtain Side trailer when picking up trailers at the France DLC companies until this can be resolved properly.

EDIT:
I think I found what the actual problem is. For the Replacement version of the TCP, there are no definition files for the France DLC companies in the directory "\def\vehicle\trailer\promods_tcp\" for the trailer models being provided to replace the default SCS models. Since it can't find the required paint job files for the France DLC companies, it is certainly defaulting to the white default trailer skins.

EDIT 2:
Okay, I think I created a functioning patch for the Replacement version of ProMods TCP to restore the France DLC company paint jobs so they won't have white trailers anymore.
Here's the link to the patch that I uploaded myself to ShareMods: promods-tcp-vlf-patch.zip - 25 KB.
Load this file just above the Replacement version file in the Mod Manager and it should restore the missing paint jobs for the France DLC companies.
NOTE: I did not modify the existing ProMods TCP files in any way. I just simply provided the missing definitions for the paint jobs for the France DLC companies.

I guess I do know enough about how the trailer skins are handled after all to fix the issue. It just wasn't a quick thing to do as it took me about 1.5 hours to study the directory structures and test.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information