World of Trucks Issue

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2016 16:03

Hello, I have been having this funny issue in World of Trucks only in Euro Truck Sim 2. Whenever I take a non-SCS ferry (Turku, Helsinki, Cherbourg, etc.) with a World of Trucks contract, a message pops up saying: "Unable to synchronize with World of Trucks progress, restoring back to previous position" or something like that and what happens is that I stay in the same spot where I have to take the ferry but the game advances the exact amount of time that the ferry would take from example Turku to Stockholm or something like that. After that, I then have to change the email because if I don't, that message will still pop up after I am done delivering the WoT Contract Load even if I didn't use a SCS or Non-SCS Ferry. But, whenever I take a SCS ferry like Calais, Dover, Esbjerg, Frederikshavn, etc. the issue does not arise and I can carry on with delivering my World of Trucks contract delivery. So what is the problem here? (btw if there is another topic like this on the forum, u can send me a link to that one and delete this one)

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2016 16:31

Btw here is some helpful info:

Map Mod using: ProMods V2.03 with the Poland Rebuilding integration

Ferries that get affected by this issue described above: Rostock, Swinoujscie, Seyoisfjorour, Thurso, Turku, Helsinki, Gdynia, Puttgarden, Rödbyhavn, Ventspils, Nynashamn, Cherbourg, Portsmouth, Stockholm, Tallinn.

Ferries that do not get affected by this issue described above: Calais, Dover, Esbjerg, Europoort, Hirtshals, Bergen, Frederikshavn, Hull, Ijmuiden, Felixstowe, Oslo, Goteborg.

Also, even though some of these ferries and cities are not detected by World of Trucks (in terms of external contracts), I have a funny feeling that they are anyway.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

28 Jul 2016 16:35

It's NOT recommended to use WOT contracts on any modded map. It will cause bugs for sure.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2016 16:59

Ok thanks for the advice. I'll definitely avoid those ferries that are affected but u got any idea what's going on?

Peterson

28 Jul 2016 17:37

Basically these places are not in WoT database, not made by SCS, nor supported. WoT works only on vanilla map.

You see, WoT can't handle exceptions, it sees that you "escaped" from the map, from the existing (known) road network. Server handles such exception as cheating, such behaviour results in position reset.

I think that WoT jobs are only available in SCS cities (from and to), so it's pretty obvious that it can't work. But hey, at least you tried.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2016 17:40

yea it be nice if WoT allowed map mods.

Peterson

28 Jul 2016 17:45

It would require various servers for all combinations, and since there are quite a lot of map mods, it won't be easy to keep track of all of them.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2016 17:52

So maybe best for WoT to just allow SCS cities only?

Stilgar
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2016 11:14

for me personally - the WOT's are relativly "useless".

You got nothing but a small statistic. The only difference i see between WOT's and normal Jobs is that WOT's are calculated in real time and therefore should be done in one go - the normal ones you can take and come back tomorrow.

If i should buy ATS than i'll play it maybe without mods and than the Wot's are a nice variety
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2018 18:25

Mod conflict.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information