[Fixed] [2.25] Svalbard game crash

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
CommanderCRM
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2017 15:21

Darkfizch wrote:
20 Dec 2017 15:19

You're using both the TCP trailer standalone and replacement definiton files. You can't use these simultaneously. Use either one or the other, not both.
Both files are in the archive with TCP mod. I`m using both and nothing bad is happening. Replacement is for standard SCS companies replacement and standalone is for new companies which are added in ProMods, I think so.
Last edited by CommanderCRM on 20 Dec 2017 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2017 15:22

I'm not saying bad things will happen if you use both, but you're supposed to pick one.

By the way, to clarify:
The replacement def replaces the standard trailers made by SCS with Promods trailers.
The standalone def merely adds the Promods trailers and leaves the SCS trailers in your game.

CommanderCRM
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2017 15:29

Thank you, my opinion was not correct.

kani9604

06 Jan 2018 00:19

I also happened to discover a bug in Svalbard, namely that when I picked up a cargo from the island, trying to deliver it to another city in Estonia, the game keeps crashing when I press ESC menu button. First I thought it was something connected to Svalbard itself, but then I drove out of the island without pressing ESC, then I did it in Kirkenes, same thing happened. As soon as I press, game crashes. Quite annoying as now I have a save file after picking up the cargo, which means I have got to carry this bug the whole route? And perhaps afterwards as well?

CommanderCRM
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2018 04:57

kani9604 wrote:
06 Jan 2018 00:19
game keeps crashing when I press ESC menu button.
As mentioned here,
Svalbard (Longyearbyen) not assigned to any country causing game crashes when selecting cities on the island in the job market, and bugged number plates
So it's not a cargo problem but the whole area. Your game is crashing because you should have brief description of your cargo in your ESC menu, which includes departure and arrival cities and countries. Svalbard is not assigned to any country so it has blank country description in ESC menu and causes crashes.

honza.tuhacek

21 Jan 2018 01:13

hi there sorry for reopening monht old topic but I have same problem, clear promods 1.25 (only few skinpacks, I had zero problem with them). I have job to Longyearbien. wanted to go to menu - crash. Now I can´t load the game. I tried, like five saves back in time (all with accepted job to Longyearbien) I have driven kind a long way, before I had to switch it off because of time, so I don´t know if I manage to find one without the job. All of them crashed. Is there anyway how I can make it work? Ideally with the job still accepteted?

game log.

<script src=""></script>

Josh0

21 Jan 2018 03:01

honza.tuhacek wrote:
21 Jan 2018 01:13
Now I can´t load the game. I tried, like five saves back in time (all with accepted job to Longyearbien) ... Is there anyway how I can make it work? Ideally with the job still accepteted?
There are two ways that I am aware of that this type of crash can be recovered. Unfortunately both ways will result in your current job being lost.
  1. Load a savegame from before you accepted the job to Longyearbyen.
  2. Force an economy reset, which cancels your current job and returns the truck to your home garage.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2018 14:37

@Josh0 and @honza.tuhacek there's a way to fix that bug without loosing your job, and then you'll nerver have any crashes related to that problem again:
1. open your ProMods Def file.
2. go into def folder.
3. go tinto city folder
4. search for Longyearbyen.sii (for some weird reason there's also a Longyearbyem.sii file, don't know why but I did it for both just to make sure)
5. Open Longyearbyen.sii file and change line country: svalbard to country: norway
6. save changes and close def file. Make sure that winrar will repack your files after closing that .sii file.

Then it will reasign the city to norway like it was in older PM Versions and it wont crash again + you keep your job and the Progress you made, so no economy reset:

you should do the same for hiorthhamn, becasue it'll also belong to svaöbard, so you don't have this problem there.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Elmer BeFuddled

21 Jan 2018 16:46

@Trucker2223. Nice tip matey!

erkinalp

22 Jan 2018 18:59

I tried to do the opposite (introduce the definition files for svalbard) but it did not work.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information