Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

25 Mar 2019 16:57

ETS2 DLC?
Well...
After! Balkans and Iberian peninsula's finished. Belorussia etc too, I think, tbh.
Who knows, might be more DLC's too, until hopefully someday, SCS visits northern Fennoscandia.

Will be interesting to see what Finland 2.40 brings to the table :)
I am sure Pori will have had some sort of rebuild, due to SCS not adding Vt8"E8" north.
There I hope that PM keept, but just moved the west part of SCS Pori more west. To get room to add Vt8 north.
Lahti, exit 17 of Vt4"E75" wonder if it will see a rebuild or not? Tbh, I prefer SCS's variant compared to the IRL 1.
Tampere... maybe some small interchange rebuilds?
Or maybe even adding Vt12 part thru Tampere? "This maybe in the future?"
Checking on google maps. Without Vt12 thru Tampere, the distance is 11km longer, but only 1 to 2 minutes slower. I checked at 16:52CET.
And Vt12 has intersections + interchanges. While the partial ring road only has interchanges, making it faster.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Nissantruck

26 Mar 2019 12:32

@Shiva. The 2.40 will have new things in it,but i am not going to say,what they are and where they are.
It would not be a surprise to you or anybody else,if i would say nothing or would it :?:

There are also areas,that will come to the Pm map,that i dont know nothing about yet.Only the map makers knows that. ;)
I always say like this:Good things comes to those who waits or something like that. :mrgreen:

I also would like to see many other new places in Finland,but Finland is a long country to drive.
So that is why there could be possibilities to add new places to the Pm map and i do know that not every place can fit the area of Finland in the Pm map,
because of the game scale.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Shiva

27 Mar 2019 03:10

Nissantruck, new things and old new, those will be nice surprises :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

Nissantruck

27 Mar 2019 11:30

Shiva.Yes you are right,they will be that. ;)

HannuM

03 May 2019 00:24

I don't really know at all why the port of turku was removed from the game and the port of Naantali to replace it to this game? So stupid. Because port of Turku is much more bigger and used much more it is Bigger port? So I don't get it at all? Please put Port of Turku back in this game. Come on guy's. Naantali? REALLY???

EdgeGladiator

03 May 2019 04:15

Go complain to SCS and say that they are stupid, because it's their choice in the DLC, not us. :roll: :evil:
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Nissantruck

03 May 2019 10:53

The port of Turku is a bigger port,then Naantali is,even i know that from my real life trips from Turku.
I also know,that Scs did made it like that,but Naantali is a good port for ships too.
So maybe you could think,that your truck did not have any kind of place inside the ferry and you had to go to Naantali,so that you could get your truck to Sweden.
That can be a stupid idea,but if it helps at all.
I think like that sometimes.
That could happen in the real life and it could bring realism to the game,well i think so anyway. ;)

Shiva

03 May 2019 14:50

Thing is. Both ports are used in real life.
Those that want Turku harbour ingame.
I have a tip for you.
Turun satamaan iso yhteisterminaali
Turun Sataman yhteisterminaalihanke etenee
"Joint terminal project in Port of Turku"
It is possible, if building this future harbour.
New Joint Terminal.....
Check the draft for the area.

If I had the skills, I would build it.
But I do not have the skills needed.

Nissantruck, Pori had less? of an rebuild than I tought there would be.
But it looks OK :)

juliussasar
Donation rank:

03 May 2019 19:21

A good reason for SCS to make Naantali was surely that adding Kapeelskär -- which has a ferry connection to Naantali instead of Turku -- was so much easier than rebuilding Stockholm.
That being said, I would love it if Promods enhanced the Turku-Naantali region. Ferry-hopping to Mariehamn would be really cool!

I'm reasonably happy with the realism in Southern Finland though, there might well be many more pressing issues across Finland and beyond the wider map.

ScuL
Founder

04 May 2019 10:39

It could perhaps return in the future, right now it wasn't really an option to expand this area with all the other work that had to be done
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information