Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
uBronan

08 Apr 2018 22:52

I have been driving trucks for a while in real life when my life became a mess after a divorce.
And ofcourse travelled alot during the time after that period, i have seen so much that many people say or think i am lying to ever seen so much.
Especially my time by jan de rooij transport gave me an opportunity to see almost every region in
Western Europe and many North African countries including Libia, The middle east, and even Iceland and Russia and a few of the islands. Sometimes i ended up in places where i got stuck for many months. One of them was the top of Norway, Iceland and yes Suomi Finland way up north as well, because of extreme weather (Winter weather) i could not drive back nor could i take a airplane home everything was grounded or locked :D. So i had to spend my time with the friendly people who took me in like family. I really had good times in the those countries way up north. The climate may be harsh up there, but the people where warm and friendly.
So even though i have a short term memory problem i hope i never forget that extreme and often fantastic situations.
For instance bringing new tires for the DAF twin turbo monster Paris Dakar racer to Algeria and had to wait weeks to get through customs and then drive with militairy convoy to the place where the tires had to go. Scorching hot desert terrain and saw a lot in these extreme poor countries.
What strikes me the most is that even the latest new things like for instance the town Zwolle ( netherlands ) shows already the short ago finished build massive ikea store and the enormous details on the street signs. Even my little hometown is on them :D.
Thats why i allways come back to ets2 with promods when i have the time or not feel too sick to play.

Nissantruck

09 Apr 2018 10:27

uBronan wrote:
08 Apr 2018 22:52
I have been driving trucks for a while in real life when my life became a mess after a divorce.
And ofcourse travelled alot during the time after that period, i have seen so much that many people say or think i am lying to ever seen so much.
Especially my time by jan de rooij transport gave me an opportunity to see almost every region in
Western Europe and many North African countries including Libia, The middle east, and even Iceland and Russia and a few of the islands. Sometimes i ended up in places where i got stuck for many months. One of them was the top of Norway, Iceland and yes Suomi Finland way up north as well, because of extreme weather (Winter weather) i could not drive back nor could i take a airplane home everything was grounded or locked :D. So i had to spend my time with the friendly people who took me in like family. I really had good times in the those countries way up north. The climate may be harsh up there, but the people where warm and friendly.
So even though i have a short term memory problem i hope i never forget that extreme and often fantastic situations.
For instance bringing new tires for the DAF twin turbo monster Paris Dakar racer to Algeria and had to wait weeks to get through customs and then drive with militairy convoy to the place where the tires had to go. Scorching hot desert terrain and saw a lot in these extreme poor countries.
What strikes me the most is that even the latest new things like for instance the town Zwolle ( netherlands ) shows already the short ago finished build massive ikea store and the enormous details on the street signs. Even my little hometown is on them :D.
Thats why i allways come back to ets2 with promods when i have the time or not feel too sick to play.
I do believe,that you did go to many different countries with a truck.I do have been to many countries with cars,trucks and airplanes too.
It was nice to know,that you had good experiences from north of Finland and other nordic countries too.
You should right down the places where you did go,so that you will not forget the places,where you did visit.For example i have a big map in my home,where i will always add the countries,that i did visit,so that i would not forget the places where i did visit when i am really old.

Tr7 Vzla wrote:
08 Apr 2018 17:54
Congratulations for the map! Is amazing to drive (I dont know if it's reallistic or not, i'm venezuelan lol) but wow, the details are awesome (except when you try to hit a muse, if you try it, you gonna be stopped suddenly and your truck and cargo is damaged :( ).
It is realistic. :mrgreen:
For example many places in Finland look so real for example the Helsinki harbor or the Ring 3 road in Vantaa and also many other places are realistic too and not only in Finland. ;)
Ps.If you drive to Lapland in north of Finland(if you did not drive to there yet),there you can see reindeers and not only mooses.

Sorry @moderators for the long topic post.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

erkinalp

09 Apr 2018 17:46

Can you add the bus and train stations in keskusta Helsinki?

deleted_user_8875

09 Apr 2018 18:29

Last edited by deleted_user_8875 on 22 Apr 2020 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
I am sorry.. but I had to go...

Noah_Lukas

09 Apr 2018 19:16

erkinalp wrote:
09 Apr 2018 17:46
Can you add the bus and train stations in keskusta Helsinki?
I think that isn't necessary anymore, at least not at the moment, because this area will be part of the Baltic DLC.
Last edited by Noah_Lukas on 09 Apr 2018 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

erkinalp

09 Apr 2018 19:26

Maxest wrote:
I highly doubt ProMods will do it as well, as there is no practical need for it - and trucks are banned from city centres.
Both trucks and intercity buses go right through city center in Helsinki, though they have designated routes for port and bus station access.

martinusK

09 Apr 2018 20:41

I would not be surprised to see the bus station, i believe Pavel didn't dismiss the Coach DLC when Squirrel asked him about it, and IIRC most DLCs so far have included bus stations at various cities.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Nissantruck

10 Apr 2018 10:48

erkinalp wrote:
09 Apr 2018 19:26
Maxest wrote:
I highly doubt ProMods will do it as well, as there is no practical need for it - and trucks are banned from city centres.
Both trucks and intercity buses go right through city center in Helsinki, though they have designated routes for port and bus station access.
You are absolutely right about that,because bus traffic will usually have routes that they will use to go for example to the railways station,ferry ports or designated bus stop areas like for example the main bus station in Helsinki.Trucks are usually not so much limited,where they can go,but they do have some sort of routes,that they use to go to for example the ferry ports and the smaller trucks can use basically any routes,that they need to use,when they transport goods in to the stores or any business areas inside the city center of Helsinki.
martinusK wrote:
09 Apr 2018 20:41
I would not be surprised to see the bus station, i believe Pavel didn't dismiss the Coach DLC when Squirrel asked him about it, and IIRC most DLCs so far have included bus stations at various cities.
You are also right,because the Scs company did make some sort of sound/driving test video with a bus,that video is in Youtube.Many of the city areas in the Ets2 will usually have some sort of a bus station area and even the Pm version of the Ets2 has bus stations too,because they will use the assests from the Scs to make different areas and also Helsinki has a bus station in the Pm map.
My link under this text will show the old video,where the Scs Company did make some sort of sound and picture session.
So i dont think,that they did do that for fun.I do hope,that they will do a coach/bus thing to Ets2 someday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NwCIGLG9M

@moderators.Sorry again about my long topic post.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Kodo_01

12 May 2018 16:12

Are you planning to start developing Finland again after Baltic DLC? :)

Noah_Lukas

12 May 2018 18:08

I think it's probable because SCS just creates the very south as you can see on their picture so PM is going to have new assets to continue with.
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information