[PATCH] Promods 1.91 for ETS2 v1.17 [Updated: 2015-04-25]

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Apr 2015 21:13

M4rkus wrote:
That is an option. I need to look into this. In that regard, Bad Oeynhausen is on the list of receiving that treatment. ;)
Have not tried yet so I don't know what exactly happens if the pin size is changed. What effects does it have? I think, perhaps cities with less than 100.000 inhabitants could be treated like this. However, I don't know if Iceland then in map view would give the impression as it had Reykjavik only.
Way ahead of you, here's a WIP screenie:

Now I also need to correct the city name positions :P
CookiePLMonster wrote:And would the other 2 hotfixes (streetlights & AI lights) be still required/compatible with 1.17?
Yes.
Moh1336 wrote:I've spotted an error that I am not sure was present in 1.91, but is after adding this patch. Do you still want these reporting in the normal fashion in the bug forum or is it something you were expecting to happen with it being a 'quick' patch?

For reference sake I am referring to this on the A1.

Oi, totally forgot about that glitch! I need to correct that in a next version of this patch.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

M4rkus

16 Apr 2015 21:25

That's interesting! Seems like there are ... three pin point sizes? That's a progress, as it's WIP it might use some tweaking (Charleroi and Hull are a bit small imo) but very nice insight, indeed! I think you could (if there aren't space restrictions) do it relatively strict to number of inhabitants (such as >100.000 inhabitants: large pin point, >50.000 inhabitants or port: medium pin point, otherwise small pin point).

markesbr
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2015 21:43

Hello,

This is probably also for patch 1.17.
In the picture you can see a junction where the stop lights do not work.
Disappears the other traffic on the street.

photo attached

http://i57.tinypic.com/15n20dg.png

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Apr 2015 21:51

M4rkus wrote:That's interesting! Seems like there are ... three pin point sizes?.
Nope: you actually have full control over the size of the city pin at each zoom level. That's even better!
markesbr wrote:Hello,

photo attached

This was there since 1.16 and it appears inconsistently. We still haven't figured out why this is happening...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

markesbr
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2015 21:55

MandelSoft wrote:
M4rkus wrote:That's interesting! Seems like there are ... three pin point sizes?.
Nope: you actually have full control over the size of the city pin at each zoom level. That's even better!
markesbr wrote:Hello,

photo attached

This was there since 1.16 and it appears inconsistently. We still haven't figured out why this is happening...
In 1:16 the lights did it to me, and I mean the custom lights.

The standard traffic SCS do work

home1967
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2015 22:40

i have tried new def file but no joy.have used both def files but game crashes back to desk top.do i need to start new profile with the new def file?.thx

jontsuba
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2015 22:46

Does the size of the label have anything to do with being selectable in the job market?

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2015 23:15

home1967 wrote:i have tried new def file but no joy.have used both def files but game crashes back to desk top.do i need to start new profile with the new def file?.thx
Make sure you're only using one set of files, so only the ones labeled v191. Normally you should be able to upgrade ProMods or create a new def file without having to start a new profile.

Check out the tutorial and, if that doesn't help you, start a topic in the Gameplay Issues section, including your game.log.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2015 23:29

I have tried the beta it's got it's pros and cons:
+ No more freezing while autosaving :)
- New weather at night seems to bright to me (and realistic lighting doesn't... already patched :D )
- I can't get used to my new avatar image :lol:

ferf676

17 Apr 2015 00:01

topgunsss wrote:I just downloaded this patch and I have installed it like normal yet im still crashing is anyone else crashing as well?
I disabled the old 191 def file then replaced with the patch def file tried running the game but crashed. then tried running them both and it still crashed to desktop so any idea's and I am running promods 191.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information