Assets & General Improvements

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Boeing73FLY

23 May 2015 08:12

plykkegaard wrote:Have you considered the compressed time even in ETS2 cities?
Time is slowed down significantly compared to outside city boundaries. Therefore it should not affect delivery times that much. Also, taking traffic during the daytime into consideration, if the intervals were shorter, traffic flow would not be as consistent.

EDIT 23/05/15: Here is one complete cycle in one of the advanced intersections in IJmuiden, NL. In this video, the city road has the green light first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2nklsJXZ50
Last edited by Boeing73FLY on 25 May 2015 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

23 May 2015 16:36

I really love the new signage system and you are doing a great job by adding random cities that are not in ETS2 as delivery cities. But since I am only using my laptop and I only can put the texture quality to medium, the city names on the signs appear very small and hardly readable. So, I am wondering, if it could be possible to make the names a big bigger, so that the signs can also be read easily on low graphic quality settings from the inside view, if you're just passing by.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

23 May 2015 16:48

I would love to see those custom traffic lights everywhere! But I understand that we are quite limited in the room we have for those..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Boeing73FLY

24 May 2015 01:40

Here is another video demonstration for the advanced traffic signals in the largest intersection. This one was the most difficult for me to get the timings right. After numerous tests, I found that traffic trying to make the left turns from the city road onto the highway tend to cause congestion during the busy hours; those sides need a left turn lane. Traffic wasn't heavy in this video, but it shows how long the cycles are at the moment. Recorded in Groningen, NL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaY910A8QWo
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2

ProMods Recruit

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

27 May 2015 11:10

Alright I'm now a bit late on this discussion but still want to react on it.

I do agree with both of you. The current cycle we have is based of the default times and thus the amber time is relatively short. I never took the time however to adjust the times.

As for what is best to use I would say that the main roads get the longest cycle. As in vid one the left turn signals are not rlly for the main road and could be have a bit of a shorter cycle.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Boeing73FLY

27 May 2015 15:48

To make it easier for me and everyone else, I think the main thing to focus on is how long the green light should be. I was contemplating about cutting the left turn signal times on the highway by 5 seconds. With the settings I sent out, these are the green light intervals. These work best in moderate-heavy traffic:

Left turn signals (highway to city): 15 seconds
Left turn signal (city to highway): 20 seconds
Thru traffic signals (all intersections): 30 seconds

In the effort to make the cycles shorter and to keep traffic flow consistent, I suggest for thru traffic signals should be at least 20 seconds. Left turn signals should be at least 10 seconds. But, of course, it's completely up to you all on how long they should be, and I will edit those intervals!
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2

ProMods Recruit

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

29 May 2015 08:39

I think the idea of thru having 20-25 seconds and left about half of it. I know from Germany that the left turn signals can be very short (5-10 secs).

Boeing73FLY

29 May 2015 16:58

Okay, I will edit to these changes.

Left turn signals (highway to city): 10 seconds
Left turn signal (city to highway): 15 seconds
Thru traffic signals (all intersections): 20 seconds

I am currently in the process of updating from 1.16 to 1.18 now. Just bought the Scandinavia DLC and will download ProMods 1.95 after. Then it's coding time! :D
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2

ProMods Recruit

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

29 May 2015 21:23

Awesome. I think those times will be fine for sure!

Horizon™
Developer

29 May 2015 21:37

I think, if you can't choose what system you need to use - do like that - Country A is 11 secs , Country B is 24 secs and Country C is 15, so work out the average - 11+24+15=50 and divide by 3 = 16.6 secs. I think this system pretty good to use too.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information