Assets & General Improvements

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Rocar 512E

04 May 2015 19:44

f you are doing assets and other stuff, will you do typical rail crossings for each country?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 May 2015 11:15

Depends if every country needs them. Making rail crossings is much harder than it looks/sounds.

I do plan on building a Dutch one actually... not sure when it will be done however :p
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Purno
Donation rank:

06 May 2015 14:20

I could really use an Ukrainian one, considering Ukraine has quite a few railroads and I do plan to include quite a few.

(I love trains, and I gotta make up for Iceland and it's total lack of railways.)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

06 May 2015 15:08

Well, it would be nice to see different sort of railway crossings! :)
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Thumbaumba

11 May 2015 15:01

Can we hope for replacement for "standart" SCS interchanges with the ones with longer turn lines?
Sorry for tautology.

martinusK

11 May 2015 20:27

Thumbaumba wrote:Can we hope for replacement for "standart" SCS interchanges with the ones with longer turn lines?
Sorry for tautology.
Germany is getting rebuilt as we speak, some of it is already done (north-western Germany), and (hopefully) the rest of Europe will also be rebuilt. :)

But that takes a long time and alot of effort is currently put into making the Scandinavian DLC compatible with ProMods ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Boeing73FLY

22 May 2015 22:30

Not too long ago I sent the developers new traffic signal timings, so hopefully those will be implemented in the next update. For instance, the yellow (amber) light from green to red is now 3 seconds (by SCS default it was 2 seconds). On a complex highway + city road intersection, the highway signals have a 4-second amber interval; left turn signals remain 3 seconds. So for those who do not like red-light violations, you can stop the truck / make a risky breakthrough just in time before the red light strikes your bumper! You will also notice that green lights are longer as well, also resulting in longer red lights. Don't worry though, the longest time you will ever hold at a red light is around a minute.
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 May 2015 22:35

A minute is still long. I've taken a look at your cycle times and quite a few for the larger intersections are 100 seconds. That is quite long, considering that the reasonable limit for cycle times is 120 seconds. I'd try to make the cycles shorter, towards e.g. 80 seconds.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Boeing73FLY

22 May 2015 23:43

MandelSoft wrote:A minute is still long. I've taken a look at your cycle times and quite a few for the larger intersections are 100 seconds. That is quite long, considering that the reasonable limit for cycle times is 120 seconds. I'd try to make the cycles shorter, towards e.g. 80 seconds.
Hmmm... I feel like every major intersection in real life is as long as I had made it to be. Based on some traffic signal videos from various countries I found on YouTube, they were pretty close. Here in Las Vegas, some large intersections here are pretty busy, thus it involves longer intervals to allow ~25-40+ cars/trucks/buses during rush hour through the intersection every cycle. I'm not sure if that is the case in many European countries.

My values set for the green light intervals are at minimum 30 seconds for thru traffic, and 15-20 seconds for left turn signals. That could probably explain why the cycles are long at the moment.
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

23 May 2015 00:07

Have you considered the compressed time even in ETS2 cities?
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information