Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

29 Mar 2015 10:07

Trucker200 wrote:Yes, your right. I just asked because Hengelo has an Ikea and Enschede doesnt.
Maybe both could be added, but Hengelo will have an IKEA only. I don't know if the scale will allow that though.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Mar 2015 10:10

Maastricht will not be added as a full city, but you just drive through it on the A2. As for cities in the east, I'm more in favour of adding Arnhem instead of Enschede or Hengelo. Adding two of these will be too much. We are also considering adding Eindhoven, the 5th largest city of the Netherlands.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

wilmkoemans
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2015 10:19

Why dont you replace Bressoux as Maastricht? On the map its placed in Holland.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2015 10:46

volan123 wrote:I think Rotterdam should be rebuilded as well... same goes with Groningen ;) Hopefully you'll get around doing that :P
Rotterdam will probably get its rebuild when we improve Europoort. Groningen is actually not that bad presented ingame. When we will connect the A28 we might look into improving the area there.
thesheep wrote:Would it be possible to build the N57 including Brouwersdam and Oosterscheldekering? Or are the islands of Zeeland to small?
Yes we have those plans. They will be executed once we rebuild Europoort.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

terrorjaap

29 Mar 2015 11:48

The scale of this project is really becoming bigger than I could imagine when ETS2 came out. The whole team is setting a new, much higher standard of mapping and signage. Impressive work once again, I'd love to see my country represented in a better way because the SCS feel just doesn't feel quite right.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

29 Mar 2015 11:53

terrorjaap wrote:The scale of this project is really becoming bigger than I could imagine when ETS2 came out. The whole team is setting a new, much higher standard of mapping and signage. Impressive work once again, I'd love to see my country represented in a better way because the SCS feel just doesn't feel quite right.
I know! Even though I have nothing to do with Holland, I'd like to see it livened up!

I'll put it to you this way: If ProMods make everything they've planned, you can drive from Russia or northern Finland to Portugal, whereas with SCS (now) you can drive from Poland to France.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

PH-AMG

29 Mar 2015 11:56

wilmkoemans wrote:Why dont you replace Bressoux as Maastricht? On the map its placed in Holland.
The current progress is already far more realistic.
We have deleted the current Bressoux, as it is not even Bressoux IRL.

Instead we have made the E25XE40 interchange of Cheratte a bit more to the east. Crossing the Maas river.
As you can see on the pictures I made the E25 connection North towards the border

https://www.google.nl/maps/@50.746063,5 ... 85IGcw!2e0 this the Belgian Dutch border as you can see on the pictures.

https://www.google.nl/maps/@50.738848,5 ... EZ7IEw!2e0 This is near the bordertown Visé ( also visible on the pictures)

Therefore the connection highwayto Maastricht has already been made, just like it should be.
( I live in this area myself) :)

wilmkoemans
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2015 12:07

Thanks for anwer. Dank voor antwoord. Ik ben ook aardig bekend in dat gebied.

simonvangenderen

29 Mar 2015 12:49

Are you guys going to connect the Belgian A12 from Antwerp to the Dutch A4 in Rotterdam?

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2015 13:48

MandelSoft wrote:Maastricht will not be added as a full city, but you just drive through it on the A2. As for cities in the east, I'm more in favour of adding Arnhem instead of Enschede or Hengelo. Adding two of these will be too much. We are also considering adding Eindhoven, the 5th largest city of the Netherlands.
Please add Eindhoven, and make a connection with hopefully a rebuilt Duisburg. That would be awesome. BAB40 is quite important for loads to the Ruhr area from UK and Netherlands, as well as loads that go on further, mainly down BAB2.

Oh, and of course, don't stop doing the amazing work. Pure quality so far!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information