Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
BarrGDA
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 03:19

Brilliant work on 1.90 I must say. Really impressed with Estonia and Faroe Islands, which I thought would be average, however Tallinn beautifully captures the perfect city, where you have an actual city centre, then outskirts and you're off into countryside, towards Tarnu. Perfect!

ARP and Slovenia never needed mentioning. I just took it for granted that they would be outstanding, and I wasn't wrong. I have a few questions and suggestions for future ARP development, hoping you'll take those ideas across.

1. First of all a praise on all the signage, and junctions where you have an additional lane, which is seperated from the main carriageway. Westfalia also feels incredibly real, with the chimneys as you approach it from Hannover on A2. Fantastic work on Bad Oeynhausen too; the only city SCS would get away with if they did it on vanilla map haha. It has a great feel to it!

2. Porta Westfalica is signed, but never features any scenery, why is that? Perhaps we could see some of it in distance, for example a McDonalds sign or one of those Bauhaus-styled signs? I know that you feature some cities on signs that never obviously make it into the game due to scale issues, but I feel Porta Westfalica is something that could be added. Maybe I'm being really petty, and if I am, I do apologize, but yes, it'd be a welcome addition. I'm sure.

3. My suggestion is to get rid completely of that country road where A3 is supposed to run, and include Koblenz, as there should be enough space for it. Oh, and those TGVs running just beside the autobahn would be amazing to have. Sorry for the size, but perfect example can be found below:

4. A10 around Berlin, I imagine that eventually you'll be reworking this too? Certain sections feature narrow lanes, and trees in the central reservation, or forests of low trees and bushes. Since Google Street View is unavailable in those areas, I have included some pictures, which you may perhaps find useful in the future.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Mar 2015 09:58

Some comments on your comments:

#2. The only thing I could find of it that would be viewable in the distance is a TV tower. The rest is just too far away from the Autobahn.
#3. The BAB3 and BAB61 now have temporal ends. We had to limit our working area to make sure that we are not postponing our release forever. The eventual plan is to extend both the BAB3 and BAB61 and build Koblenz. It was just not in phase 1. By the way, that's not a TGV, but an ICE-3 train ;)
#4. Your assumption is right: we are going to rebuild this area too. But that's part of the ARP phase 2.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

M4rkus

16 Mar 2015 10:03

What region in Germany are you planning to head towards now that 1.90 has been released?

grega

16 Mar 2015 14:27

Today I was driving through Kassel, Hannover and Nord-Rhein Westfalen, and I must say that you have made awesome job *__* all this junkctions, make the game and driving there so much realistic, and I can't wait for the next ARP progress whereever will it be :D mega geil :P
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

ScuL
Founder

16 Mar 2015 14:37

M4rkus wrote:What region in Germany are you planning to head towards now that 1.90 has been released?
Everywhere!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Roytje2803
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 14:39

Looking forward to it!!

M4rkus

16 Mar 2015 14:46

ScuL wrote:
M4rkus wrote:What region in Germany are you planning to head towards now that 1.90 has been released?
Everywhere!
At once?!

ScuL
Founder

16 Mar 2015 15:02

More or less we have plenty of guys in the team. Nico is focussing on the A3/A61 corridor, Frankfurt and Koblenz.
M95 is doing Munich, someone else will do the A5 Karlsruhe-Basel and we have FH-Fahrer doing Eastern Germany.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

M4rkus

16 Mar 2015 15:05

That is interesting. Didn't know that there's happening so much a various places in Germany.

Roytje2803
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 15:25

One question will Karlsruhe be included in the next update or is it not? Since its on the signs at basel?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information