Development on version 1.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
martinusK

24 Feb 2015 10:18

kallejre wrote:Instead of Jõhvi, try to add Kohtla-Järve, wich is about 15km west of Jõhvi. It has three chemical industries and (closed) quarry. On the other hand, Jõhvi is aimed for food industry and one oil shale processer, but economically, Jõhvi is much smaller than Kohtla-Järve
By doing that, you can make the gap between Narva and <city you will add> bigger, so they aren't so close to eachother, and you can add the Kohtla-Järve ash mountain. It is 186m high and it is consists of spent shale. It "appeared" in the Soviet period. It is the biggest ash mountain in the Baltics.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Feb 2015 10:19

Well Jõhvi has the advantage of it's location. I added it at first to make the junction as real life as possible. But now Im thinking about adding it in the next version.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Rocar 512E

24 Feb 2015 10:46

Kohtla-Järve could be a kind a chemical industry for Narva.

martinusK

24 Feb 2015 11:16

Why not add both Jõhvi and Narva, and then add some chemical industries in Kohtla-Järve, but link it to Jõhvi? It's like a Tree-ET outside the city, but in this case it's a chemical plant :)
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Feb 2015 11:19

Narva and Jõhvi are going to be added... no idea where you read that something like that isnt happening.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Feb 2015 15:24

Nico wrote: Something not alot would realise:
- It looks like I barely create new areas (apart from Scandinavia this is basically my second release of work "only" made by me.
- I need to check the entire map for bugs
- Bigger issues (for example a prefab issue was fixed today) are often done by me.
- I have been going through the whole map to optimise it and make sure it lags less.
- I also often help other projects to get signage or special models

And not to forget that I have been setting up, together with the mods, a new beta testing team.

Ow and I go to school 4 days a week and they require me to spend 40h on school related stuff...
Look, I'm sure we all here would understand that you and every other member of this community does have a life to live. There are more real stuff going on and school is not easy at all (take me for example). So please, don't rush in making those cities. Yes, we would like to see them in Promods quality but I at least would be embarrassed if all that was done from time that was taken from real life issues. And it's not like were not going to see them at all, it's just not now, that's all.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Rocar 512E

24 Feb 2015 16:35

Jõhvi would be too close to Narva for companies...

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Feb 2015 16:42

I think we should just add Narva, because it's really close to Russia (so we can also see some Russian stuff over the city) and because I think that the river would be a lovely piece of scenery.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

martinusK

24 Feb 2015 17:06

Michael Rosen wrote:Jõhvi would be too close to Narva for companies...
Jõhvi is as far from Narva as Gardermoen is from Oslo - 50km.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Feb 2015 17:09

Martinus Kundla wrote:
Michael Rosen wrote:Jõhvi would be too close to Narva for companies...
Jõhvi is as far from Narva as Gardermoen is from Oslo - 50km.
But then again, aren't both these cities around the same size?
Cheers,

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information