Development on version 1.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
busterbrown

07 Oct 2013 20:35

OK Nico that last pic of the mall loading/unloading area is now looking good. Image

Looking forward to loading/unloading there. :D
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2013 20:40

Yeah I still need to test them but now I know for sure that ppl have enough space to (un)load.

And now I can get some cargo laying around ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2013 01:01

Nico, for whatever it's worth, I've successfully parked trailers in such tight angled spots on the Europe Rebuilding map mod. It takes a bit of back-and-forth, but it's "doable!" The hardest docking I've ever encountered was at the giant DHL facility north of Warsaw in the ER map. Not only was there only about 1/2 the width as usual, there was a parked rig along the fence which reduced the amount of "wiggle room..." :)

I'm really chomping at the bit to drive these new parts of the ProMods map!
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

busterbrown

08 Oct 2013 05:57

@n4gix.bill.leaming

I thought I said that his original pic looked easy to dock ( park and unload ) the way stalls were angled?
It was ( before he changed it ) maybe impossible pulling a loaded trailer out because of the wall being to close and or a trailer next would surely get clipped.

Also I am not just stating this because I can use a steering wheel to turn a virtual pixel object. I use to drive an 18 wheeler in real life and that can be a lot hairier than this Sim. Were'nt you also a real life trucker?

I'll guarantee that in real life you would pull the gladhands right off the trailer and jack the cab right into the trailer trying to pull out of those docks. That was a sharp turn before. ( course if you pulled off the gladhands you couldn't pull the trailer for the brakes are on full with no air ) :lol:

In fact I'll bet a single axle yard tractor would have a heck of a time pulling out a trailer with those angles. Unless the trailer was a 24 foot maybe.

Of course all bets are off if there are not any trailers parked close by. :roll: :)

But rest assured whatever Nico inputs there I'm sure going to give it a whirl. :mrgreen:

Course if someone needs to jacknife don't do one like this for it is hazzardous to your health. :(

Click on pic to enlarge.

Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

janaeri93
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2013 12:32

Nico wrote:True I haven't tested it yet if there is enough space, so I added some anyways to make it easier.

Nice work (Y)

marchamilton

15 Oct 2013 12:40

Wen will all these new roads be avail in the game ?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2013 18:43

Let's post some more updates off the Euromir project:

New gas stations in towns!
Nice farms
Old school gas stations

M.G.M.

16 Oct 2013 06:33

Nico,

Stuning job, indeed, Mr. Nico. I admire your work and I realy look forward to it's release. But now all you may like to add is repair centres in the rest places along the highways. I know that some other moders implemented this method before but ,and I believe everyone will agree on this statetment with me, this little feature will complement your extraordinary effort ones more, rising it to level higher than its masterpiece status which it has now.

Best Regards:M.G.M.
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2013 10:18

Adding repair spots to a gas station sound easier than it is.

Sure making it costs me 2 min but think about this:
When your truck breaks down and you need to be teleported to a garage iit always gives: garage in Karlstad...

The repair centres are linked to a city and Im not sure what the effect will be when I put them randomly around highways.

I know for example the repair station 30 km west of Flensburg is named garage Flensburg....

M.G.M.

16 Oct 2013 17:01

Solid copy, Sir. Thanks for your answer very much. The reason I ask about repair centers is that I do it that way: whenever I take a quick job I always refuel and repair the truck given to me by my employers before I deliver the cargo. I think this is very good manner as the customer provides all the money needed and it is kind way to show respect to the other drivers and the vehicle by returning it fully serviced. It makes no difference to the simlation or your trucker's rating but I feel good doing it. That's why I thaught having a service centre next to the gas station might be so, so nice. Thank you for your time and effort once more, Sir.
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information