Development on version 2.x (Iberian Peninsula Project)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
User avatar
jontsuba
Posts: 722
Joined: 12 Apr 2014 17:34
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2015 16:13

orestescm76 wrote:i think that linares is better than la carolina
I just used the economic maps appended. I'm from Navarre, so southern Spain is a bit unknown to me. If you expand your reasons a little more, I may agree with you. Anyway, both places are quite near.

Randleman
Posts: 221
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:38

18 Mar 2015 16:16

MandelSoft wrote:OK, Denmark does have more cities on our map, but most of them are not large, and NL will get some more cities, too).
I find this good news being Dutch. Do you have an idea which cities if I may ask?
Image

orestescm76
Posts: 433
Joined: 01 Aug 2013 22:19
Donation rank:
Location: Linares

18 Mar 2015 16:24

jontsuba wrote:
orestescm76 wrote:i think that linares is better than la carolina
I just used the economic maps appended. I'm from Navarre, so southern Spain is a bit unknown to me. If you expand your reasons a little more, I may agree with you. Anyway, both places are quite near.
linares is bigger, and it has more truck traffic

Ostpuff
Developer
Posts: 317
Joined: 22 Dec 2013 21:17

18 Mar 2015 17:01

A very interesting project indeed! Good luck on it, I think it's going to be great!
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

User avatar
Der Freiburger
Posts: 250
Joined: 03 Jan 2014 22:00
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2015 17:27

I think, too much Citys in Spain will kill the Feeling of the wideness of Spain.
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

User avatar
tkk7406
Add-on Developer
Posts: 2678
Joined: 07 Apr 2014 15:02
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands

18 Mar 2015 17:32

Der Freiburger wrote:I think, too much Citys in Spain will kill the Feeling of the wideness of Spain.
I'll have to agree. I think around 10 cities should do.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Image

Image

Soap90
Posts: 42
Joined: 18 Apr 2014 22:38
Donation rank:
Location: Bilbao

18 Mar 2015 17:46

HighFlyerPL185 wrote: I think Spain should have Bilbao, Pamplona, A Coruna, Santander, Vigo, Burgos, Valladolid, Madrid, Barcelona, Saragossa, Lleida, Valencia, Murcia, Cordoba, Sevilla, Malaga and Almeria as an absolute minimum. Of course, it will be ages before it's all done, but it'd be nice to have a plan overview like in ARP topic.

Although maybe it's worth doing central and East first, before expanding West, and onto Portugal.
I agree with the cities that you've cited, since they are fairly well distributed across the map, except Pamplona / Lleida which are quite close to Bilbao and Barcelona.

Be careful with google maps, "land mode" is outdated because currently in Bilbao there are a new access to New San Mamés football stadium, campus university and bus station. Although in "map mode" and the "street view" is updated :)

User avatar
martinusK
Developer
Posts: 1568
Joined: 16 Aug 2014 07:46
Location: Tallinn, Harjumaa, Eesti Vabariik

18 Mar 2015 18:11

tkk7406 wrote:
Der Freiburger wrote:I think, too much Citys in Spain will kill the Feeling of the wideness of Spain.
I'll have to agree. I think around 10 cities should do.
10 cities? So Denmark, area 45,000km2, population 5 million, has 11 cities, and Spain, area 504,000km2 and population 46 million gets 10? No, i don't see the logic there. Atleast 17 or 18 cities. Atleast.
Image Baltic merge developer for Estonia

User avatar
tkk7406
Add-on Developer
Posts: 2678
Joined: 07 Apr 2014 15:02
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands

18 Mar 2015 18:15

Martinus Kundla wrote:
tkk7406 wrote:
Der Freiburger wrote:I think, too much Citys in Spain will kill the Feeling of the wideness of Spain.
I'll have to agree. I think around 10 cities should do.
10 cities? So Denmark, area 45,000km2, population 5 million, has 11 cities, and Spain, area 504,000km2 and population 46 million gets 10? No, i don't see the logic there. Atleast 17 or 18 cities. Atleast.
OK maybe a bit exaggerating with ten cities but with so many in Denmark you can hardly see it in the job menu. I'd still like to keep the wideness as Der Freiburger mentioned.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Image

Image

User avatar
leillo1975
Posts: 87
Joined: 15 Dec 2014 18:33
Donation rank:
Contact:

18 Mar 2015 18:17

Martinus Kundla wrote:
tkk7406 wrote:
Der Freiburger wrote:I think, too much Citys in Spain will kill the Feeling of the wideness of Spain.
I'll have to agree. I think around 10 cities should do.
10 cities? So Denmark, area 45,000km2, population 5 million, has 11 cities, and Spain, area 504,000km2 and population 46 million gets 10? No, i don't see the logic there. Atleast 17 or 18 cities. Atleast.
....the pigs of Europe. First Class Citizens and Second Class Citizens



Locked
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests