Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
realdeal350
Developer

23 May 2019 01:35

The way that people talk in this topic has been absolutely disgusting and horrible to read. The way that people insult each other and how ignorant and intolerant some people are is horrible. Me and IvanGF14 have been working on Spain for quite a while and along with dozens of other devs, ProMods has been around since 2013. We have been working on ProMods as a hobby ever since and it will always be a hobby, and despite the amount of criticism we get and that our work is occasionally replaced by DLCs, we're still proud of what we create and we create it for the benefit of the community - and that will never change.

Despite this, time and time again there are constantly lies spread about us and we still get criticised for being "unhelpful" or "being a useless mod". The sad part is that this isn't just a problem for ProMods - this hate, intolerance and disrespect is throughout the entire ETS2 modding community and the majority of modders have experienced it. Compare it to the SimCity 4 modding community where people are very respectful of each other. The SCS modding community always has been and probably always will be quite toxic, but despite this, us modders will continue to create mods for the quiet part of the community that is respectful, thankful and constructive.
edsor wrote:
22 May 2019 18:00
I don't usually write much, neither in this forum nor in any. But I'm tired of seeing everyone who asks, even with education and respect, when it will be ready or what, I answered parroting the same as rude pedantry: "will be ready when ready." I have limited myself to make you see that you are not as important as you certainly believe.
There is a good reason why we answer with "it's ready when it's ready". Since modding is our hobby, we have no schedule for when we map and real life ALWAYS takes priority. This means that saying any sort of date is just stupid. Despite this, many people in the community seem to think that modding is the only thing we do - adding to the sense of selfishness and intolerance that is in the SCS modding community. Let's talk about my life as an example. I'm only 16 years old, my family is a mess and school is really stressful and time consuming, but despite this I have tried to find free time and motivation for the past 4 years to be able to help develop a mod that people enjoy.
edsor wrote:
22 May 2019 18:15
On the other hand, all your answers confirm what you already knew: the inability you have to withstand the slightest criticism
That is a ridiculous statement. As I said before, the majority of modders in this community withstand criticism on a regular basis. Please also remember that we are people with lives and feelings, and even though it's wrong, we occasionally get pushed over the edge.

I respect everyone's opinions about the work we create. If you think that Barcelona is unplayable and that Madrid will be disappointing, I respect that and accept your opinion. However, and this applies to everyone, being negative will never help anyone and using insulting and condescending language is unacceptable. I mean, EdgeGladiator, what gives you the right to call edsor a baby and tell him to shut his mouth? Being so rude and intolerant just hinders debate, and sensible and constructive debate is the only way we can improve.

It is time for this topic to be locked temporarily. I haven't mapped for almost 2 months because the motivation just isn't there, and real life is taking over most of my free time. The same applies to IvanGF14, he has a job and not much free time. We are very grateful for the positive comments we get, and we love you for that, but this topic is constantly filled with off-topic jargon and constant pestering about when something will be released. For me it's getting to the point where modding isn't even worth it anymore because the negative comments are starting to outweigh the positive ones, and the intolerance in the SCS community is starting to get really demotivating. For the positive, constructive and helpful people in the community: on behalf of the ProMods team, we thank you and love you, and we are modders because we want to provide you with the best experience. To all the intolerant, negative and unthoughtful people in the community: it's time to reflect on your words and actions, and remember that you are only a little drop in the ocean.

Rant over.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

ScuL
Founder

23 May 2019 02:08

I will only add a short note.

People commenting on development threads should be aware that they are in no place to "demand" new content, new cities, companies or "faster expansion".
We are not a business but a group of volunteers and we do this work for fun. In order to keep the fun for the developers, they chose to work on what they please, not on what person XYZ is asking for.
Also because of that our speed is determined by how much free time there is to mod. Real life always takes priority.
To build a DLC like Balkans, which is somewhere around 300.000km², SCS employs a team of around 10 full-time developers working on the map ~40 hours per week for 1 year.
Iberia as a territory is about 600.000km² and our two guys have developed about 25% of it in the past 4 years with maybe about 10 hours per week. This means that they are working 125% faster than the SCS developers in about a quarter of the time given to them.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

realdeal350
Developer

13 Nov 2019 07:52

¡Buenos días!
It has been a few months since the topic has been locked, so I think it's time to reopen the topic and share the progress I've made in the past few months. As I've already shared photos of Ciudad Real, it's now time to share photos of the roads connecting Ciudad Real with the rest of Spain. Unfortunately there won't be a hell of a lot of Spain content in 2.5 because I've been very busy with school, but I hope what I've made will make you guys happy. :)

Thanks guys, and remember to keep it civil. ;)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

lelux

13 Nov 2019 07:56

Wow, finally! Congratulations and thanks for your work, one of the best parts of Promods;)

joseantonio
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2019 09:12

Madrid will be in promods 2.50?
A part or so?

Just to inform me

NeRoCXI

13 Nov 2019 11:38

What a coincidence :D I thought to myself today i should check if any update was posted on that project and here you are. Fantastic screenshots and Spain is my favorite part of Promods to drive to. Keep up the good work and take your time.
The journey is the destination.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2019 12:25

joseantonio wrote:
13 Nov 2019 09:12
Madrid will be in promods 2.50?
A part or so?

Just to inform me
It's ready when it's ready, you'll see when it's released, no Need to ask. 2.50 is still in development Phase, so we can't know if it is finished by the release or not.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

rudenkov vladimir

13 Nov 2019 13:27

Congratulations and thanks for your work
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

EdgeGladiator

13 Nov 2019 13:38

awesome work ! :)
I wonder, on the 5th pic, is this Repsol gas station board a new asset ? Do you plan to extend it to the others gas stations in the country ?
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2019 14:02

Absolutely wonderful.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information