Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
realdeal350
Developer

13 Nov 2018 22:12

Yes, Sevilla will definitely be made :D And yes, the AP-4 will definitely be included to connect with Cádiz, as well as the A-66 which connects to northern and north-western Spain ;) There will also be the A-49, A-4 and A-92 radiating from Sevilla, however this is very far in the future ;)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

kikevf99

14 Nov 2018 00:41

Which cities on spain are suposed to be soon in the next mod releaasings? thanks u do an amazing job
Drive to live

Lars014

14 Nov 2018 05:59

Cities in Central Spain like Madrid,....
Developer of the Westpfalzmap-project in 1:1 (german Part of FSG Map) :
To not miss anything important, follow me on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/AlphaMapper
And ofcourse check me out on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6IdOa ... NAtDv2Nd3A

ibermarc
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2018 21:21

You was right. my mistake. It's AP-4 (Autopista dle Sur) and then A-66 (Ruta de la Plata).

Don't worry about how long it will take, just happy to know about your plans.

baetatomska
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2018 22:53

I'm quite happy about the work that's ALREADY done and trust me, I'm Portuguese, so I could be constantly complaining about the time it's taking to reach my country. But I'm not and you know why?? Beause I'm 100% sure that when the amazing Promods team reaches my country, it will be like Barney from 'How I met your mother' used to say: LEGENDARY!!! So why don't we just enjoy the present contents, which are already great both in quantity and in quality??

EdgeGladiator

15 Nov 2018 14:04

you are absolutely right :D
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

NewCoolMapper

18 Nov 2018 14:03

baetatomska wrote:
14 Nov 2018 22:53
I'm quite happy about the work that's ALREADY done and trust me, I'm Portuguese, so I could be constantly complaining about the time it's taking to reach my country. But I'm not and you know why?? Beause I'm 100% sure that when the amazing Promods team reaches my country, it will be like Barney from 'How I met your mother' used to say: LEGENDARY!!! So why don't we just enjoy the present contents, which are already great both in quantity and in quality??
It always depends if great effort is put into the country and it’s signs.

Remembering the only Portugal map ever done for ETS2, our signs are not the Spanish ones, so it’s important to know that.

Also, if there are no portuguese people on the team, it’s going to be hard to achieve some details (Which is very important in my opinion).
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

gmtavares

18 Nov 2018 14:19

I can assure you @NewCoolMapper, even if no Portuguese are on the map development team, there are plenty envoled with other aspects of PM like beta testing and the TCP pack. But I am sure that doesn't matter, because we all know that the ProMods developers are great and will do everything in their power to try to represent our country in its best shape ;)
If we consider only the Iberian developers, Ivan and Matthew, they have amazing skills, and have done one of the best areas in the ProMods map, as you know :P

Don't judge the lack of Portuguese assets ProMods has as of now as them not caring. They just aren't close enough that they actually need to add a lot of assets.

Cheers, m8.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

NewCoolMapper

18 Nov 2018 14:33

I just want my country to be well done. If it isn’t, probably many portuguese people will not like it.

From the portuguese assets I’ve seen done by ProMods, there’s nothing special. If that’s the detail and effort they are going to put on a 1:19 map about a country with so many important highways and roads, that was two years ago the country with the best highways in Europe, then most people won’t like it.

Personally, I think a 1:19 scale is too small. But hey, that’s what I think.
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

Ostpuff
Developer

18 Nov 2018 14:49

You're talking like we've never done any of this before. Many of the countries included in our map have been mapped without natives being around to point out every little detail. And of course we don't have all the assets yet for Portugal, no work is being done there right now. Our modelers got much better things to do at the moment, helping out on active projects.

The scale is a matter of preference, but at this point in time you really don't have that much of a choice in the matter. There are hardly any larger scale projects around because the amount of work is monumentally bigger. Besides, there are other countries that I will frankly claim suffer a lot more from the scale than Portugal. The Netherlands for instance.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information