Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
PirriAND

28 Feb 2019 22:44

I ask a simple question and I almost start WW3 :lol:

Now let's get serious. In my opinion, the fact that you guys have only achieved 20% tells me that you are putting so much effort into details and making a master piece, that you are taking your time to deliver a well made and polished version of Iberia. I think that the direction the mappers are taking into building quality over quantity is the correct way to go, Rome wasn't built in a day.

And yes, I too want to have Iberia finished as soon as posible to drive all over Spain & Portugal. But rushing things will only make it worse so, we will get there eventually let's hold our horses and keep the wheels turning.

realdeal350
Developer

28 Feb 2019 23:19

Thank you for your support guys, on behalf of me and Ivan. :)

Yes, we do map slow, partly because of quality over quantity but also because we're incredibly busy with real life. I for instance am completing my second last year of school so I'm overloaded with work every day :(

However I'm trying to find as much time as I can to map
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

De_Ruyter

01 Mar 2019 00:09

EdgeGladiator wrote:
28 Feb 2019 22:19
This is because when the Bilbao tolls was done, this feature does not exist yet in ETS2. It arrived with the France DLC, which came after ProMods Bilbao.
Ah okay, explains that part :)
U&I wrote:
28 Feb 2019 13:02
The fact that you're mapping for about 1y, and you wanna make an iberia that realisitic that you've only maked 20% lelelel

(sry 4 bad english/spelling)
As mod maker myself, I can tell you that it isn't easy to make a map. Nor is it quick to make. Even with a single building you could end up working for months to get it just right. Even if most buildings and other content is pretty much using ready made blocks, it still doesn't mean it makes it so much easier. You end up testing a lot to see if things align properly and you won't see gaps or other nasty surprises. Roads need to fit properly so they are smooth enough to ride over. Special tracks for AI need to be added so the AI knows what they need to do. Special events need to be added and a lot more. I think you should show a lot more respect for these guys, it really isn't as easy or quick to make as you think. Remember that you can play this mod only because of their time, effort and skills. They do not play the game as much so we can play this mod and get updates for it. If you prefer to show this little respect, I'd suggest to make a mod of your own to see how much actually goes in to making it.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

Shiva

01 Mar 2019 08:18

Thumbs up to your work realdeal350, IvanGF14 and ProMods.
EdgeGladiator wrote:
28 Feb 2019 22:19
fisherjb wrote:
28 Feb 2019 19:25
I'm really curious what you guys are gonna do when eventually the iberia dlc releases. Spain looks absolutly gorgeous and your mapping quality is as good as SCS, but SCS has one trick that will make everything better than any mod: the assets. The houses, landmarks, vegatation etc all are going to be way more spanish.

It's sad to know that this hard work will be gone, but with all those assets comes a benefit: you can make it even more detailed. The drawback: you have to start all over again😐
This work does not disappear even after an Iberian Peninsula DLC. :D It will be merge with the DLC, like ProMods does it with every DLCs. And honestly, I even think that the work of ProMods can be take like as a base. For me, the Iberian DLC will never never be better than ProMods Spain, even with more assets. Why? Because in this DLC, there will certainly not be Irun, San Sebastian, Soria, Huesca, Teruel, Vinaros, La Jonquera, Manresa, Lleida, etc ... No big cities like Barcelona, Bilbao or Zaragoza. No a lot of roads and alternatives like ProMods. No real cities with a city center like ProMods. And ProMods Spain is practically new, there is an incredible environment and mountains using the new assets of the DLCs. And finally the Spanish signs will certainly be better in ProMods. So in my opinion, it will not be gone.

And I have the same opinion with Andorra, Bayonne, Perpignan etc
SCS never released Andorra nor Perpignan.
+ Why?! wouldn't SCS make Barcelona etc?

Madrid Emission, Weight, Acess Regulations.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

01 Mar 2019 09:01

SCS will make cities like Barcelona or Zaragoza, but they will not be real big cities like in Promods. Mainly small towns just with an industrial area. This is because in 1 years, SCS will not have the time to make big cities, or even enough cities in the country ( Orléans eg ) . That's why it's essential to take your time.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Jo??oRan??oso

02 Mar 2019 00:43

i am agreed. cant believe portugal isnt coming out anytime soon. looks like we may see an official version from SCS and the release of the 1:8 portugal before the promods one.

gmtavares

02 Mar 2019 12:00

It isn't hard to believe... At the time this project was begun, PM had to map most of France (the biggest EU country) as the DLC had not been even started to be developed, to get to Spain (the 5th biggest EU country).

It's only natural that mapping with a lot of quality takes time...

Rest assured that when it comes out, it will be the best version of Portugal. ;)
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

brainiac
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2019 12:51

Realdeal told that they reached Portugal border. But didn't cross it.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

poludei
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2019 13:34

gmtavares if you want to be factual you better get the facts right. Ukraine is the biggest EU country by land area not France. And also Spain is the third biggest in EU. Thats if we look at countries that are entirely not partially located in Europe. Just saying... ;)
ETS2 User since: 2015
Speaking: ImageImageImage

Vøytek
Developer

02 Mar 2019 13:58

Since when is Ukraine in the EU?
France is the biggest one, Spain is second. So yes - reaching Portugal takes a lot of time, because we had to build whole France first to start Spain. And now finishing Spain in this quality obviously takes time too. We're not SCS, it's not our job, so we don't spend few hours everyday on mapping ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information