Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
realdeal350
Developer

28 Feb 2019 12:24

U&I wrote:
28 Feb 2019 11:56
xDDDD
What's funny?
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

U&I

28 Feb 2019 13:02

The fact that you're mapping for about 1y, and you wanna make an iberia that realisitic that you've only maked 20% lelelel

(sry 4 bad english/spelling)
(Retired :( ) SignsDev of MAGHREB-MAP
Creator of [WIP] Iberia Signs Rework

Iberia Signs Rework :

AConserva

28 Feb 2019 13:16

Well, I think that's good.
Almost every big update they add a portion of their work, which is very well made.
And I appreciate it!
Ronda są spoko

Vøytek
Developer

28 Feb 2019 13:26

U&I wrote:
The fact that you're mapping for about 1y, and you wanna make an iberia that realisitic that you've only maked 20%
I don't see a project of Iberia from you. Did you finish whole Iberia in 1 year? Don't think so.

Also, it's not that slow - look at Poland Rebuilding. They have more than 2 mappers and they still didn't finish even half of Poland after at least 5 years. Spain is much bigger and also look at all those parallel roads you get in ProMods Spain. Spain also has landscapes that are much harder to create than fields and forests. It all takes time and it's progressing well ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

EdgeGladiator

28 Feb 2019 14:10

Spain is a difficult country. Many mountains, bends on the roads, a very complicated motorway system (especially in big cities), etc... It's not an easy country with no mountains, that's why it's a long work. And the Iberian Peninsula is big, very big. The work already done in Spain is almost the size of all Baltics countries! And finally, ProMods wants to do the most realistic and well Iberian Peninsula possible. There is no point to make the Iberian Peninsula in 1 year, if you have like 7 shits fake cities in all that look nothing.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

blue_star
Donation rank:

28 Feb 2019 15:01

Guys, don't feed the trolls.

fisherjb
Developer

28 Feb 2019 19:25

I'm really curious what you guys are gonna do when eventually the iberia dlc releases. Spain looks absolutly gorgeous and your mapping quality is as good as SCS, but SCS has one trick that will make everything better than any mod: the assets. The houses, landmarks, vegatation etc all are going to be way more spanish.

It's sad to know that this hard work will be gone, but with all those assets comes a benefit: you can make it even more detailed. The drawback: you have to start all over again😐
Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:

De_Ruyter

28 Feb 2019 20:20

Just had my first drive to Bilbao, Spain. Omg that road was full of surprises, tipped my truck nearly on 2 occasions, I managed to hang the rear end of my truck on a toll gate fence and slipped several times. All while keeping to the speed limit! Yet I didn't mind as it looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait for the update that expands on the Iberian Peninsula!

Btw, I didn't see any toll gate that has the drive trough gate, only the stand still and pay ones. By design? I do hope this will change though.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

EdgeGladiator

28 Feb 2019 22:19

fisherjb wrote:
28 Feb 2019 19:25
I'm really curious what you guys are gonna do when eventually the iberia dlc releases. Spain looks absolutly gorgeous and your mapping quality is as good as SCS, but SCS has one trick that will make everything better than any mod: the assets. The houses, landmarks, vegatation etc all are going to be way more spanish.

It's sad to know that this hard work will be gone, but with all those assets comes a benefit: you can make it even more detailed. The drawback: you have to start all over again😐
This work does not disappear even after an Iberian Peninsula DLC. :D It will be merge with the DLC, like ProMods does it with every DLCs. And honestly, I even think that the work of ProMods can be take like as a base. For me, the Iberian DLC will never never be better than ProMods Spain, even with more assets. Why? Because in this DLC, there will certainly not be Irun, San Sebastian, Soria, Huesca, Teruel, Vinaros, La Jonquera, Manresa, Lleida, etc ... No big cities like Barcelona, Bilbao or Zaragoza. No a lot of roads and alternatives like ProMods. No real cities with a city center like ProMods. And ProMods Spain is practically new, there is an incredible environment and mountains using the new assets of the DLCs. And finally the Spanish signs will certainly be better in ProMods. So in my opinion, it will not be gone.

And I have the same opinion with Andorra, Bayonne, Perpignan etc
De_Ruyter wrote:
28 Feb 2019 20:20
Btw, I didn't see any toll gate that has the drive trough gate, only the stand still and pay ones. By design? I do hope this will change though.
This is because when the Bilbao tolls was done, this feature does not exist yet in ETS2. It arrived with the France DLC, which came after ProMods Bilbao.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

realdeal350
Developer

28 Feb 2019 22:31

U&I wrote:
The fact that you're mapping for about 1y, and you wanna make an iberia that realisitic that you've only maked 20% lelelel

(sry 4 bad english/spelling)
If you can map faster then please go ahead, although I'd assume you're too childish and immature for that.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information