Ukraine Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Mar 2015 21:06

Also, if I remember well, the Crimean Peninsula is now Russian? Sth like that. But, yeah, it's not that pleasant to drive through. Tanks pass this place more than trucks (At least the Jazzycat tanks will be used there!).
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

M4rkus

17 Mar 2015 21:18

Well, Crimea is now defacto ruled by Russia but this is mostly not recognized by most states due to the way of how this happened. However, I don't think, Promods will approach that far east soon. If you want to discuss such matters for Promods, there are other disputed areas as well, with Kosovo being the first in the reach of Promods progress. But probably this topic is not the right place to do so ;)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Mar 2015 21:24

M4rkus wrote:Well, Crimea is now defacto ruled by Russia but this is mostly not recognized by most states due to the way of how this happened. However, I don't think, Promods will approach that far east soon. If you want to discuss such matters for Promods, there are other disputed areas as well, with Kosovo being the first in the reach of Promods progress. But probably this topic is not the right place to do so ;)
Agree and moving on...
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

grega

17 Mar 2015 21:37

As far as my opinion goes... I was in Ukraine 2 years ago with my friend who has his family there, we were in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Donetsk and Belgorod in Russia (just across the border). In this region that I mentioned there, are thousands of trucks travelling every day. The reasons is lots of industry, huge mining areas, gas industries, and also lots of wheat fields, wich exports to EU. The important route is also from Russia, towards EU. I know that, so far east the development might take few years (?), but it would be quite nice to have it, because of very important logistic route and the reasons mentioned above.
Thats only my personal view and opinion :) and I'm also satisfied that the work here finaly begun :D
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

Platypus
Developer

17 Mar 2015 21:46

Hi everybody,

I would prefer not to go too much into political considerations in this topic ... Thanks by advance.

One of the goals of this Western Ukraine project is to create a link between future Euromir / Romania projects.
Also in my opinion, I don't intend to extend Ukraine at east of the line Kiev-Odessa ;-) There is yet many other projects to do on the map, like Spain, Croatia, ...

Regards,
Platypus

grega

17 Mar 2015 21:48

Ok thanks for explanation, now its clear :D
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

Rocar 512E

17 Mar 2015 21:51

Vladzz-G wrote:
ENVER HOXHA wrote:Can you add Donetsk, Lugansk & Kharkiv?

I really like this idea a lot btw!
Not good idea, due of political conflicts. And I absolute against Crimea in ETS2 (this territory may cause a lot of disagreements and, even conflicts) I'm so sorry about starting this theme. (I mean, that Crimea should ignored) :cry:
So, the best way is represent Ukraine only until Kiev, or even until Poltava/Dnepropetrivsk/Zaporižžja, but no far east.
OK That's enuff

Eryman
Developer

17 Mar 2015 23:37

No eastern Ukraine = no central and southern Russia (Volgograd, Rostov, Kursk, Voronezh, Krasnodar) = not complete Europe

However, promods will not reach this area so fast... hope the political issues will be solved soon.

The brazilian guy of ProMods

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2015 02:17

Well I am repeating again, the topic title says Western Ukraine. It can't be clearer than that, can it? No need for this off-topic

Platypus
Developer

18 Mar 2015 11:53

Hello,

Here a first version of concept map for Ukraine. It will certainly be changes in the future...

As already said, basis of this concept is to make link between Poland/Euromir and Romania/Moldova. I extended it a little to include KYIV as capital city. Moldova is also shown as concept, but MIRFI has maybe another ideas ...
Ukraine.jpg
Ukraine.jpg (550.09 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
It will so include 11 Oblast of Western Ukraine. Generally only the oblast capital city has a population of more than 100.000
This Oblast capital will be includes as full city (with garage, industries, ...). Those cities are indicated in CAPITAL LETTERS
Additional scenery cities will be added for some reasons. Those should be scenery only (ex : Mukachevo)

- Volyn Oblast (LUTSK + Kovel)
- Lviv Oblast (L'VIV + Stryj)
- Zakarpattia Oblast (UZHHOROD + Mukachevo)
- Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast (IVANO-FRANKIVSK)
- Chernivtsi Oblast (CHERNIVTSI)
- Ternopil Oblast (TERNOPIL)
- Rivne Oblast (RIVNE)
- Khmelnytskyi Oblast (KHMELNYTSKYI + Kamianets-Podilskyï)
- Vinnytsia Oblast (VINNYTSIA)
- Zhytomyr Oblast (ZHYTOMYR + Novohrad-Volynskyi + Korosten)
- Kyiv Oblast (KYIV)

Reasons to choose additional scenery cities

- Kovel : already announced / crossing of two cities (already developped/at crossing of roads)
- Stryj : crossing of roads
- Mukachevo : population of 100.000
- Kamianets-Podilskyï : population of 100.000
- Novohrad-Volynskyi and Korosten : most important city on a long segment of road (population of 50.000)

Further extensions (as Odessa) are not completely excluded but are out of this Western Ukraine project scope actually.

Regards,
Platypus

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information