Ukraine Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.

b0r1s

27 Dec 2015 21:40

great work in ukraine, especially on borders and stops with poland. keep a great work guys :)
ETS 2 1.31.2.2 All DLC + ProMods v2.30 + RusMap v1.8.1

Randleman

31 Dec 2015 02:57

Love the fact the Ukrainian border is a bit more "closed", as in traffic gets slowed down or even stopped. Great touch.
Just unfortunate I had to drive through the grass when crossing into Ukraine from Hungary because for some reason the traffic in front of me just didn't want to pass the border. :lol:

Mr.Overlord

31 Dec 2015 13:17

All I can say is I'm bit disappointed on how the connection was made, from Slovakia to Ukraine.

One of the main border "node" of Shengen, with huge waiting times, especially for truckers. I expected at least the congestions to be there as static models. Also, weren't there better prefabs for the actual borders? Something with gates at least...

I know there is very little space between Kosice and Uzhorod to made some big changes, but for a mod that strives to be as detailed as possible, especially this section is detailed the least. And when you see how you treat other map makers, that make much better stuff and tell them they are not good enough to be part of ProMods, well, its bit telling.

I think the Dargov pass could have been added soon as Kosice ends.

What I also don't understand is why are there still so many roads not using the DLC (reflective dealineators, mostly). Did I mention they are also wrong in most places?

Not sure if I should expect more changes to this part of map, but I hope I'm wrong.

Peterson

31 Dec 2015 14:18

It's planned. When for, nobody knows. At least if I'll figure out how to install SCS Blender and actually use it, I might make real, correct traffic signs. I figured out the necessary graphics, all that rests are models.

Dargov should be added, plus Michalovce, in simillar style like Dax in France (there's no ring of Michalovce, I think).
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Platypus
Developer

31 Dec 2015 15:28

Mr.Overlord wrote:All I can say is I'm bit disappointed on how the connection was made, from Slovakia to Ukraine.
I did this area. You have right to give your advice and I appreciate comments and critics as long they remain correct and constructive...
I find your post (the first you did on this site by the way) a bit rude. Adding some remarks like "...And when you see how you treat other map makers,..." did'nt help.

Personnally I put many of my time on this map (Finland and Ukraine) and I have to tell you I don't appreciate so much the way you wrote your message. Now to answer to your last question : Yes, it will still be improved in the future. Discussion closed.

Platypus

ScuL
Founder

01 Jan 2016 00:54

Mr.Overlord wrote: What I also don't understand is why are there still so many roads not using the DLC (reflective dealineators, mostly).
Reflective posts are only supported in a limited number of countries (Scandinavia & Iceland have them). Most of the traditional/vanilla countries do not have these assets (yet).
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

tonyk

01 Jan 2016 09:42

Maybe Mr Overlord should have a go at map making himself and see how he goes!

Peterson

01 Jan 2016 10:19

That's a poor argument. Everybody has the right to disagree, to be disappointed, to express himself. What do you think you just achieved?
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

LoaderSaints

01 Jan 2016 10:23

@ Peterson
Yes, everyone of us have a right to have our own opinions but you don't need to express them in public, especially not in a hateful tone. If one wants to leave feedback one should still remain polite no matter how negative the matter itself is.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information