Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Davyddin
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2018 00:39

Those are some beautiful reworks, MandelSoft!
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

smith121363
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2018 00:40

Well I have never been to Germany so I will leave it to the experts in the "Blue Team" to decide what needs to be done to make this area as realistic as possible within the game limits. I personally think that MandelSoft & company did a fantastic job in both versions with the assets they had at the time.

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2018 00:57

I'd be for sticking to the SCS' version but giving maximum priority to fixing the small bits and pieces like upgrading signage or small realism errors which can be corrected in a small amount of time.
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

loupdargent

12 Aug 2018 01:26

Well done Mandelsoft, really

Photon_

12 Aug 2018 02:37

How will the untouched parts be dealt with, is the whole ARP going to be scrapped, or will Promods overwrite SCS changes until a merge is completed?

Devilagent
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2018 06:10

Showing Rostock and some new prefabs and screens from above doesn’t show the whole picture..you didnt show Berlin, the more straight roads in Promods, the flat areas that are very well done in Promods.

Look at the road layout in Hamburg..is that accurate? No it doesn’t.
In SCS Germany you didn’t even bother removing those old rocks from the old vanilla map. I still can’t believe that Mandelsoft, of all people that cares for details, just ignore all the details Promods provided.

Anyway Its up to the team to decide, I’m sure you will make die hard fans, the onces who cares for quality and details, very unhappy. Time for a new hobby I guess :evil:

lelux

12 Aug 2018 08:03

I dediced to stay with Scs original game until the Rebuilding old Germany areas process will end and Promods will be compatible with that and with the new Baltic DLC. I want to have my simulator always updated to enjoy all the new features. I know that this will take a long long time and surely i miss Promods map .

Claus62

12 Aug 2018 08:09

The ARP was central to ProMods in my opinion. If they now really merge SCS improvements and ProMods accuracy (especially in the cities where the ProMods street-layout is incredible) then it will be absolutely fantastic. If they do it as in the "France merge", which seems to come next February 30th ;-( then a lot of people will be very disappointed. (I for instance miss the possibility to go west from Dijon)
I know that you are the deciders but if your mod isn't downloaded that much anymore you will be disappointed as well.

Just a question from someone who has absolutely no idea about the work (or not) that is involved. You once offered two parallel updates, one in which the DLC France was loaded and one in which it was wholesale replaced by old ProMods France. Could that be a compromise or does it involve too much work?

BrunoAlexLUX

12 Aug 2018 12:23

I think you guys should keep on adding new stuff to the north, south-east and south-west to actually complete your goal of having the whole continent. You could rebuild one thing or another, here and there as with France and Italy DLC with time. I appreciate both SCS' and Promods' works, ProMods' rebuildings are awesome but I'm also liking the awesome effort SCS is putting in something that is not really giving them money.

AConserva

12 Aug 2018 12:52

@MandelSoft, you went savage mode :lol: :lol:
IMO, the rebuilt is needed, much appreciated, and I'll patiently wait for ProMods to then add back cities like Bremerhaven or Flensburg, and maybe replace signage with their respective.

Looking forward to it! :)
Ronda są spoko

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information