Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
TimmyTurner95

06 May 2019 19:13

Well i've seen some parts of the new SCS Germany and I can say the following:

A 4 is very detailed in many parts, SCS even included Gera and Jena as scenery cities. What they could have done better is the area around Erfurt.
A 4 between Erfurt and Jena goes up and downhill irl so you can even see Weimar from the autobahn. That is missing in ETS2. And the A 71 exit Erfurt-Gispersleben
should be orientated to the north and not to the east. As well as the northern part of Erfurt could have been added for scenery because you see much of that irl when entering Erfurt via B4.
And concerning A 38: why didn't they add exit Sangerhausen-Süd with the autohof instead of exit Querfurt where there is no rest area ?

But all in all it looks very good, also the A 7.
EURoadNet-Developer

Plum™
Developer

06 May 2019 20:41

Personally I think the A4 is 'perfect' and all Promods need to do there are sign improvments and maybe a few other minor improvements aswell as improvments around cities. I also think the A9 is done well, as well as the roads around Nurnberg although I do miss the big Nurnberg and Furth , so I hope Promods can bring it back, maybe not as big as last time though :lol: as much as I liked it I would rather want quality than quatinty ;).

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

06 May 2019 23:09

TimG95 wrote:
A 4 between Erfurt and Jena goes up and downhill irl so you can even see Weimar from the autobahn. That is missing in ETS2. And the A 71 exit Erfurt-Gispersleben
should be orientated to the north and not to the east. As well as the northern part of Erfurt could have been added for scenery because you see much of that irl when entering Erfurt via B4.
The first is ommitted due to scale. Putting in such a vista takes up a lot of space, and Jena and Erfurt both takes up a huge portion. The second one is also due to scale and to prevent the BAB71 from having too sharp curves. Unrealistic sharp curves on the Autobahn was the one main thing I wanted to get rid of in the first place!
TimG95 wrote:
And concerning A 38: why didn't they add exit Sangerhausen-Süd with the autohof instead of exit Querfurt where there is no rest area ?
The reason why Querfurt was chosen is because the old country road to Magdeburg links up. The Autohof is placed there to compensate for a gas station on the old country road that has been deleted, so purely a functionality addition.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Shiva

07 May 2019 11:06

MandelSoft, SCS's rebuild of Ostend, Frankfurt am Main, I think it rocks!
For the scale and details possible for SCS city scale.
I have no clue if it was you, MandelSoft, or someone else who did it.
But to whoever who did it.
Thank you, for a work well done!
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MG Mike
Donation rank:

08 May 2019 10:03

Hello,

i took a closer look at the new areas in scs germany. In generell the quality has inncreased a lot. It looks very nicer then ever.

Surely some things of it will be in the next promods update in order to merge promosd with scs germany.

As it was last time, some things are really good and are a "must have" in future Promods Germany. Some other things are better made by Promods and should stay.

But first a dedication sign to someone who was probably part of SCS

This sign can be found north of Hannover beyond the XXX barrier from the road leading to the A2

So here i start now:

Here is a nice railroad bridge near Dortmund over the A2. could also be in Promods

this is a internchange at A2 and a major road leading to Hannover. Looks very well and could eventually be part of promods, maybe with the option to make the northern part driveable, where the Houses are, maybe a little company or a hotel there..
As far as i know the Area there is citylike or part of city Hannover.
It is also nice that parts of the city Hannover are now viewable from A7 . But the area next to A7 at Hannover is still not beatyful cause of that ugly hill there. In Promods the Hannover Area looks nicer..

Here is the big lake near Northeim. A very nice scenery. As i could see at Google maps there is that lake near Northeim in reallife too and the are Watersports and boats.. So well done SCS!

This would be nice to have in Promods too, but there could be a problem. As i have seen Promods did a Cloverleaf Interchange at the A2 with the A 39. If that is not only scenery, there would be the A39 in future. It leads from A2 southwarts back to A7 with an triangle interchange. If that comes in Promods this has to be between Hannover and the Interchange to A38. And that would be near or at there where this lake is now if i am not totally wrong now.

As already mentioned the A7 at SCS has now also the Kasseler Berge and the Werratal bridge.

These signs are near that bridge and would also be nice at Promods

At this side on following Picture the emergency breaking lane is sadly missing

An here is the Hattenbacher Dreieck, where the Autobahn A5 splits of the A7.
Here i must say the Promods version is better, cause it has these extralane for trucks as it is in real life there too. Here at SCS it is missing

Now i come to the A4:

And a side note to SCS as well as Promods : I find there should be more country or rural roads driveable. Those that SCS has already made are not the best. mostly only hilly landscape and no villages.
Villages are mostly only as scenery far away at not driveable roads to see. as here

it would be more nicer if there were some Country roads or Bundesstrassen that would lead through a village. And a village don´t need to have a wall around.. DDR has gone for years ;)
Maybe make some villages as scenery but the road leads through it and put there a gasstation. That would be quite more realistic as to have little gasstations in the middle of nowhere. or in the woods or where else to find them..

here is another example for such a scenery village. Put it at a driveable road left and right to the road and some shops and a gasstation there.. voi la ... and give it a name of a village what fits there in that area. that would make me happy.

I don´t know exactly for what reason this is built in that way, but i like it..

this resting station is already in Promods and for my taste in Promods way better. Is that not an former inner german border point like Marienborn at A2 ?

The castles on top of the hills......just beautyfull

this is interesting... a rebuilt within the rebuilt..

This is a beautyfull view.. the valley with the autobahnbridge.. impressive..
here it would be nice too to have the country road drivable as a alternative to the Autobahn. Maybe in order to the new function with temporary closed Autobahns cause of accidents. so take a detour over that road for example. I think TSM had made it in their old version at the old germany similar with alternative countryroads next to the Autobahn..

The Bahrebachmühlviadukt.... A very old stone arch trainbridge.. in the past it was like it was. When the A4 was built, the lanes just fit through the arches... but as traffic encreased, the decision was made to enlarge the A4 from 4 to 6 lanes and there they had the problem. The stonebridge would become a needle´s eye.. So they made this unique modification to it. Not very beautyfull, but functioning.. and better as to wreck the beautyful bridge...

And another great scenery. Don´t know what city that is , but it looks quite nice

And last but not least:

this is stunning !!!
Can anyone tell which castle on which mountain that is ? Or is it fictional scenery? anyway it looks damned nices.. A must have to Promods..

i have also seen Dresden but no screens taken there, but the city has some really nice additions and scenery parts, that let it looks bigger than before.
As well as Nürnberg now looks bigger and has really goods Autobahnen around there, but Promods Nürnberg still rocks !!, maybe merge them like St. Petersburg in Russia, but don´t sacrifice promods Nürnberg..

So that was what fell into my eyes so far. All suggestions for Promods are just suggestions, what to take in the next update is up to your team, but anyway would it be nice if some wishes or suggestions from us find a way into that beautyful map.

And in addition a very big THANK YOU again for 2.40 and especially for the new Fehmarn, you did some awesome magic there. All players who know Fehmarn and still were not there in 2.40, take a look as soon as possible, that island is really nice and very close to the real one at least to what is possible in that little scale. I salute you Promods !! As well as for the new Horster Dreieck and Maschener Kreuz. Here was also a masterpiece made !!

By the way, it was mentioned the A25 in that case... how would you built it there ? if i have seen at google maps it should be there where current A24 splits from A1.. And A 24 ha to be a little more north...there could be some space issues...

best regards and thank you all for yor efforts
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Marsoff

09 May 2019 03:11

Anyone would colour all the Autobahn signs blue instead of grey? Also, they should make one branch of an Autobahn that passes the state of Saarland with the state welcome sign.
Can you post me all the federated state welcome sign please?

MG Mike
Donation rank:

09 May 2019 07:50

Hä? The signs in germany are blue! As well as on scs as well as on Promods.. I don't understand the problem?

Tremonia1974
Donation rank:

09 May 2019 13:40

The City is called Chemnitz :) maybe u can built it in future
CEO of K&W Transportlogistik v.GmbH

MG Mike
Donation rank:

09 May 2019 16:34

The city from the picture with the tunnel is Chemnitz?? Ok.. Thanks for the info.. I can't build it, I am not a Mapper. I think it is only scenery for mapsize reasons.. So I doubt that scs or Promods are going to build it as real usable city..

id777
Donation rank:

09 May 2019 20:49

Hi, Promods team, will you extend Hamburg on A7 road side?
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information