Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Noah_Lukas

08 Jun 2018 16:56

Fidelio123321 wrote:
08 Jun 2018 15:07
are you planning to built Saarbruken
The first page gives the answer:

Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2018 21:17

Most major developments in Germany will be halted for the time being whilst SCS continues their Germany rebuilding work. It'd be better to wait until SCS get to that area before we work on it further.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

brainiac
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 00:25

Bad thing here is: most of roads are rebuilt, but not cities, so we can hope that MandelSoft and his team will do good cities, like Munchen, Berlin, Frankfurt and Nurnberg. Otherwise, you will be able to choose landscape, but not cities and SCS won't help.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

heiner67

09 Jun 2018 04:39

Pity, I think it would be better if you continue your project.
The A 45 as an example.....the highway has been announced for a long time, I mean the route from Westhofener Kreuz to Seligenstätter Dreieck.The Sauerlandline.
I do not think SCS will ever work on this project ,but you have that in your hand.
No matter, it comes as it comes
I wish you always a good hand.

EdgeGladiator

09 Jun 2018 09:54

The problem is that highways and the landscapes built by SCS will be better but cities made by SCS will be widely lower in city Promods because they still are on the politics to put only the industrial park and it puts him instead of the city center what is not really realistic. They how by Hamburg while it is rather good now. Hopefully that it makes then the region of Dortmund and Duisburg, there its would be very well.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Shiva

09 Jun 2018 10:29

Industrial parks are quite important delivery spots for trucks.
City centers, if away from motorways etc, will take unnecessary space to implement.
If the motorways goes straight thru the city center, then that is something else.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

brainiac
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 13:22

Then you can avoid centers. Much of us like to drive in centers, to get feeling of all those cities. We have bad Paris and Rome - only industrial part. I don't have feeling that I am in one of the greatest and most important cities in Europe. Just one more industrial area.
But in Berlin, Munchen, Brussels... is completely different story.
Why you so much want strictly realistic trucking instead of enjoying in so beautiful cities? You goal is just to deliver cargo and earn money, while sense of game is to enjoy in driving on 3 ways: great landscape, road network and realistic cities.
And why you want to depvire/take away so beautiful cities from us? Is strict realism so important?
Fortunately, Promods developers think like me.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Horizon™
Developer

09 Jun 2018 14:04

why you want to depvire/take away so beautiful cities from us? Is strict realism so important?
It always depends on the developer and the location of the city - sometimes the developer is able to recreate city centres, however, some of the developers stay realistic as possible by excluding the city centre as the heavy vehicles are normally restricted from entering these places. Sometimes, we have no space to include a town centre, therefore, we include the industrial parks and the local industry in the town, instead of having city centres, as it is realistic and important for this game.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

brainiac
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 19:49

We can notice: Developers usually want to build centers, but sometimes you HAVE TO exclude them.
Much different from him who WANT to exlude centers.
A appreciate that and thank to all developers for that.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

09 Jun 2018 21:28

brainiac wrote:
09 Jun 2018 19:49
We can notice: Developers usually want to build centers, but sometimes you HAVE TO exclude them.
This is basicaly what happened in Rome and Paris; there is simply no room to construct it, so other important roads are represented. They may not show you the famous land marks, but if you look them up in Google Maps, you can see what SCS was trying to do there. Especially the roads in Paris are pretty accurate still.

Also:
brainiac wrote:
09 Jun 2018 13:22
Fortunately, Promods developers think like me.
Sorry, that's a pretty arrogant statement to make. No, we don't think like you. For one, you ignore almost any advice or critique, even from experts. This is only one of the reasons why we haven't invited you in the team yet...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information