Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

16 Mar 2015 16:20

Seems like everyone has got questions :lol:
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Dannu
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 16:34

Plan looks good!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

LOK330

16 Mar 2015 16:53

the plan is very good...
i hope Berlin rebuild in future...and hope see Brandenburg Gate in ETS2

SweetErin

16 Mar 2015 17:00

So, if i am looking at this correctly, does this mean the Kiel-Nuernburg 2 lane will be gone, as well as the Munich - Innsbruck 2 lane mountain pass? that's the only small concern i have, everything else in the plans looks absolutely amazing

martinusK

16 Mar 2015 17:23

grega wrote: But when I look at this map, it kind a makes me feel like the former East Germany is more or less quite empty :/ is there some chance to make few cities also there? :)
Agree - i see possibility for adding Schwerin and Cottbus to the map.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

orestescm76
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 17:24

i can't imagine how epic will be Berlin with the custom juctions of Promods Style :D

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

16 Mar 2015 17:29

orestescm76 wrote:i can't imagine how epic will be Berlin with the custom juctions of Promods Style :D
Can't wait for them to do that, Berlin is where my home garage is!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

M4rkus

16 Mar 2015 17:34

Finally, the Autobahn Rebuilding Project has its own topic. And I'm quite positive towards your plan as it seem well thought out, but of course, I have some notes to make ;)

It might not always be easy to weight which cities to include. Sometimes, I could not really understand your choice of new cities when you mentioned them in the old topic. Having seen this draft, I do get the reasons behind it much better. It seems like you want to rebuild the most sensible road network - I think, your plans reflect that very well! - and go for the cities along the way and nearby the nodes. Sometimes that means not always choosing the city I'd consider the most important ones. This applies to Karlsruhe, Würzburg and Ulm, which I don't know much about and thus wouldn't consider to be that important. Looking at this plan, however, Würzburg might be a sensible choice. I'm not yet sure about Karlsruhe and Ulm. I think, every city should have something distinct - the selection of cities should be interesting and representative, and I don't know if that's easy to achieve with those three cities. With that being said, I don't see any serious flaws in your concept, however - no matter if you implement to my suggestions or not.

In the old topic I supported Augsburg over Ulm - this might still be an option without changing your road network, Ulm could then be a scenery city. Also, keep it balanced - looking at this plan, the South would have nine cities, whereas Eastern Germany had no more than seven. Compared to your plans in Bavaria, also Lower Saxony does not have that much of cities considering how large it is. I think, this is at the edge of balancing, and I wouldn't include more than nine cities for Southern Germany. If you want to include more cities in Eastern Germany apart from those mentioned in the plan, I would prefer Halle at first place and then Schwerin (no more than these two). And still I think, Wiesbaden/Mainz should be considered even though might be hard to make (double-capital, at both sides of the Main river, large cities). I know, I said it before, but I want to have it re-said ;)

To put a long statement in short: The road network looks very well-conceived (only thing I've spotted is that there should be an Autobahn between Dresden and Chemnitz) - still, there might be considerations towards the cities at some places. Don't always go for the easiest choice. Even with your current plans, it looks well-made, though.

---
A note about something that I really like: Your plans to include Rügen island and Plzen! I found the latter one was really missing in vanilla game from the start! Also, I appreciate your plans to include more Dutch cities.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 17:49

I could explain maybe a bit more.

Würzburg and Ulm were both picked for it's location. Würzburg has some major crossings (bab3xbab7 and bab3xbab81). Same counts for Ulm with the bab7xbab8.

Also they are both not that small and have room.

And to add more info: I wanted to add Würzburg. I have been driving the bab3 between NL and Nürnberg for 3-4 times a year the last 18 years so I know the road pretty well. The combo München, Nürnberg and Würzburg on the signs are so well known to me (but also to dutch travelers going to Austria).

Since I'm taking the bab3 rebuilding with Frankfurt Airport and Kreuz Biebelried (bab3xbab7) I decided that I will try to fit in Würzburg as well. Please note that Würzburg won't be like Hamburg but more like Bad Oeynhausen ;). Small and nice to look at :P
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

M4rkus

16 Mar 2015 17:56

Würzburg and Ulm were both picked for it's location. Würzburg has some major crossings (bab3xbab7 and bab3xbab81). Same counts for Ulm with the bab7xbab8.
Yeah, I see that. And that's my point basically - it's about weighting actual importance of a city and their location (and presence on the signs ... Oberhausen ;)). I mean, those aren't unimportant cities neither and if you include them, it's fine. It's just like I'm saying "think twice". And I agree, Würzburg is the most important city in that region, Ulm might be not - I also think, that's some tough decisions.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information