Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

16 Mar 2015 19:09

adgjl wrote:Great to see so many new cities, and a larger workforce for the ARP :)
I made a thing for the ARP, I know it's rubbish, I know nothing about photo editing and stuff but I was bored :P
That "thing" of yours looks pretty good! I might use it for my ProMods special "thing" I'm making...
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Superdavecan

16 Mar 2015 19:13

I've always thought the ARP should have had its own topic ;)

Anyway I downloaded 1.9 yesterday and so far I've only had a go at some of the new ARP areas in northwestern Germany (still haven't checked out any of the other new areas yet). And I must say, it's amazing! :D Fantastic work by the team, kudos to all of you! :D I really liked the feel of the roads and the custom interchanges that I encountered... so much more realistic than before.

Now about the plan at the beginning of this topic... I like it! :) Plenty of new development, and I think the amount and density of cities is appropriate. It looks like it won't be overcrowded. I look forward to the next stage!

Just wondering though... do you intend to focus more on the east (basically, what was the former East Germany) first, or the south, or to work on it all simultaneously? I'm just curious... I mean, I really look forward to the day where all of Germany is completed! And it'll be nice to see some major improvements in the eastern Netherlands too.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Mar 2015 19:15

maniek134 wrote:3. Last one is second link but in the Nederland. I mean when we drive, for examle. From Hannover across Oldenzaal [D-NL border] to Rotterdam or Antweren we must drive across Amsterdam. I proposes way A27 from Utrecht [NL]
The A27 will be hard to connect to the A16 south of the river crossing. Instead, we might build the A15 (E31) instead. This is an important freight route in the Netherlands, going from the port of Rotterdam all the way to the Ruhr area.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

adgjl
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 19:22

tkk7406 wrote:That "thing" of yours looks pretty good! I might use it for my ProMods special "thing" I'm making...
Thanks, You're welcome to it!

Interesting as always to see the discussions about what should, shouldn't, could and couldn't be included. Justified suggestions and reasoned answers are great :lol:
Bugs are love, bugs are life

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

16 Mar 2015 19:24

adgjl wrote:
tkk7406 wrote:That "thing" of yours looks pretty good! I might use it for my ProMods special "thing" I'm making...
Thanks, You're welcome to it!
Thank you for that.
adgjl wrote:Interesting as always to see the discussions about what should, shouldn't, could and couldn't be included. Justified suggestions and reasoned answers are great :lol:
After all, that's what forums are for. Especially here where you find a kind and helpful community. It just works!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

RemcoM97

16 Mar 2015 19:27

Guys, very (very very very ;) ) good job so far on version 1.9. The things that I've seen looked wonderful.
One question about Arnhem: If you are going to add Arnhem, will you make also Knooppunt (intersection) Velperbroek?? That would be amazing!! :D

Sincerely,
Remco from Enschede :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 19:35

Velperbroek would be awesome to make but there won't be any space for it. We can probably sqeeze Waterberg in but that's about it.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

R730_V8
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 19:37

As I said in the old thread I would really appreciate adding the BAB 14 as it is a quite important route. But I'm sure you'll do your best. Anyway I should finally download V. 1.9 - unfortunately I wasn't able earlier because of an influenza :roll:

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 19:38

Great plans guys. Now that there's 15 devs (I think), hopefully we'll see the full thing quicker. I'm a tad confused by the red lines, which are mainly outside of Germany. Map tells us there won't be any rebuilds on these roads, but why exactly are they included in the map?
maniek134 wrote: 1. I proposes make A40 from Duisburg [D] to border [D-NL] Venlo and continue E34 until Antwerpen. It's really important way in European international transport. [/size]
I know there's lack of space in that area, but can't stress enough how important that link is, so I agree with this comment. Would be also great to see a rebuild of Duisburg and A40 which goes through the city centre.

I'd suggest just to rebuild the A40 since there is probably no space for Venlo, and then connect it for Antwerp. If there is space for either Venlo or Eindhoven, it'd be amazing to see it.

Also, I'm sure there is space for BAB39 and Wolfsburg as a small city?

Otherwise, I'll stick my screenshots from the other thread for A10, which you may find useful. Good luck, and I haven't stopped driving new Promods since yesterday. Visited Kassel, Hamburg, Ruhr, Hannover and still Rostock and the rest to visit!

Last edited by BarrGDA on 16 Mar 2015 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

ScaleStrait

16 Mar 2015 19:40

I have always been a little sceptical about how much you could actually improve those boring autobahns but you did it. It's way less boring to drive there now.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information